Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 103104105
Results 1,249 to 1,255 of 1255

Re: Game Thread Ravens @ Browns 11/03

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    It didn't, that's true. But we lost 6 starters/regulars from what was not that good a defense to begin with. I'm not sure what else they were supposed to do.

Going in the only losses on O were Birk and Boldin. Of course later the loss of Pitta came along. But most people would have agreed that the O would have been fine, the continuity should have been decent (Again, not foreseeing Pitta..) but the D needed a ton of shoring up after losing Ray, Reed, Pollard, Cary, Kruger and Ellerbe.

Really, I don't know what any one could expect the FO to focus on. We needed to replace SIX major contributors on that side of the ball, with a tight salary cap constraint.

And had to sign Flacco to a new deal.

I really don't see the point here -- I'd love to know what exactly they should have done on offense, and what part of the gutted defense they should have blown off to accommodate the offensive investment.
    This.

Well that seem like a waste of a bye week. Wow!! I don't know what the coaches are doing. Is our talent not good for anything. I want to win damn it. O well on to Cincy.
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRavensFan View Post
    We run on first down every time for less than 2 yards...check
    Less than zero yards.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    It didn't, that's true. But we lost 6 starters/regulars from what was not that good a defense to begin with. I'm not sure what else they were supposed to do.

Going in the only losses on O were Birk and Boldin. Of course later the loss of Pitta came along. But most people would have agreed that the O would have been fine, the continuity should have been decent (Again, not foreseeing Pitta..) but the D needed a ton of shoring up after losing Ray, Reed, Pollard, Cary, Kruger and Ellerbe.

Really, I don't know what any one could expect the FO to focus on. We needed to replace SIX major contributors on that side of the ball, with a tight salary cap constraint.

And had to sign Flacco to a new deal.

I really don't see the point here -- I'd love to know what exactly they should have done on offense, and what part of the gutted defense they should have blown off to accommodate the offensive investment.
    I think the point is that they rested on their laurels with the offense. Think back to before that 5 game stretch where Flacco just went off, did you really believe that the Ravens didn't need to add ANYTHING on offense? Even during that run it was clear that we needed more. Boldin couldnt get separation, granted he didn't need it. Torrey and Jacoby were inconsistent at best. The only passing threat we had that consistently got open and made plays every game was Dennis Pitta. Rice struggled during that run.

Yes, they needed the bodies on defense but they also needed to add more ammunition on offense and they opted to ignore it. The Ravens brass basically sent the message that status quo on offense was all they needed but they forgot that the status quo that they had wasn't very good to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I think the point is that they rested on their laurels with the offense. Think back to before that 5 game stretch where Flacco just went off, did you really believe that the Ravens didn't need to add ANYTHING on offense? Even during that run it was clear that we needed more. Boldin couldnt get separation, granted he didn't need it. Torrey and Jacoby were inconsistent at best. The only passing threat we had that consistently got open and made plays every game was Dennis Pitta. Rice struggled during that run.

Yes, they needed the bodies on defense but they also needed to add more ammunition on offense and they opted to ignore it. The Ravens brass basically sent the message that status quo on offense was all they needed but they forgot that the status quo that they had wasn't very good to begin with.
    Worse: we lost Boldin and Birk, and our total lack of O depth was exposed. Where would we be without Marlon Brown, a UDFA, Lazarus-back-from-the dead Doss, and the antique at TE?

Blog Entries

If we would call some more shorter/quicker pass plays we could mitigate some of the damage of the poor OL.

But we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Think back to before that 5 game stretch where Flacco just went off, did you really believe that the Ravens didn't need to add ANYTHING on offense?
    Everybody thought that Caldwell was this genius based off that short stretch and all our problems on offense were gone with Cam.

I always thought that in this league, you need to be able to score and IMHO, saying Pitta was going to make up for Boldin's production as if he were Gronkowski just didn't sit well with me.

We need to build this around Joe, however we do it, get him as many weapons as possible and score points.

I think this defense would have been practically around the same level if it just picked up Doom and picked Elam without any of the other pickups.

Get a good pass rush and some guys who can play a good safe cover 2 and try and get guys who can light up a scoreboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.