Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need a spark? - Ask Joe Haden

It's on now! Although the remarks are somewhat benign it was enough to get it circulating around the castle.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rks-to-spread/

Re: Need a spark? - Ask Joe Haden

Whatever it takes for this team to use as motivation and put together a win streak.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Haden is right. It's not the same team. I can't imagine this passes for trash talk.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

To be fair to Haden, he's correct - these are not (yet) the Ravens of old, who have beaten the Browns twice annually since he came into the league! ;)

On a serious note, I agree with Dade, although if that's what it takes to light a fire under Oher's et al ample posteriors, perhaps there are more issues than we can imagine. psl, from what I read at the link and related links, the comment is pretty benign. What Haden may be referring to (if he's a student of football history) is the type of Ravens defense that opposing offenses essentially "feared" on game day. I can't help but wonder if this is just another tempest in a teapot, with the media looking for anything to roil the waters.

A molehill being made into a small mountain. Haden has a point - the Browns are playing better this year and the Ravens really aren't the Ravens of old. He even admitted the Ravens are still a really good team. If the Ravens need snippets of uber-mild "trash talk" to motivate themselves, they're in more trouble than we think. Concentrate on getting the damn O-line in synch; that'll pay far more dividends than stewing on anything Joe Haden says. Tempest in a teapot, as Beau mentions.

Blog Entries

It's the same Ravens that beat them in Sept

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The mindset of this team is too businesslike. Just get back to being lovable thugs like they used to be.

The old Ravens ( who didn't retire ) didn't like Camstillo I'm guessing. Harbs made them pay , Camstillo is " The System ". Just kidding , but his way and the highway seem to conflict with what is best for us as a team in some ways. Just being honest.

Blog Entries

This is nothing. Hayden's comments are just echoing what Ravens fans have been saying all season. The Ravens of old were a mentally and physically tough team that would hit an opposing team in the mouth and impose their will on opponents. The Ravens of today are still a good team, but they employ a soft, finesse approach to the game. The Ravens from a couple of years ago would crush the Ravens of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    This is nothing. Hayden's comments are just echoing what Ravens fans have been saying all season. The Ravens of old were a mentally and physically tough team that would hit an opposing team in the mouth and impose their will on opponents. The Ravens of today are still a good team, but they employ a soft, finesse approach to the game. The Ravens from a couple of years ago would crush the Ravens of today.
    Except that the Ravens of a couple of years ago would get a bunch of BS 15 yard personal foul penalties that would set this team up on the 1 and they would win by field goals. :D

iggyman555 Guest

Pretty tame words IMO, but hey, if it fires them up, all the better. They should not need any more motivation than the fact that they have been one of the worst defenders of the SB in recent history. Roster turnover not withstanding, this group of players have not represented Ravens football as it is supposed to be.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis