Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Will we see any changes today?

Or just more lip service after the game is over and the offense again disappointed?

On Monday, Head Coach John Harbaugh suggested that there could be run game scheme changes on the way.

After three days of practice, running back Ray Rice confirmed they’re in place.

“Without going into too much detail, you’ll just see a lot more of the changes on Sunday in terms of what we’re going to do,” Rice told reporters. “We’re running the same stuff – it just might be out of a different formation or something.”

Rice said the blocking scheme is the same, “just with minor tweaks.”

The Ravens are currently tied with the Jacksonville Jaguars for last in the NFL in average yards per rushing attempt (2.7). Baltimore is 27th in the league in rushing yards per game (72.7).

Harbaugh expressed confidence in the personnel the Ravens have to run the ball more effectively, and said they have to cut out situations where they don’t have a “hat on a hat” that lead to runs for negative yardage.

“We’re definitely making changes. We’re not going to sit there and stand pat with what we’re doing,” Harbaugh said Monday. “Whether there is personnel changes, or more likely scheme changes, [it’s] not major things. [It’s] just things that will give our guys a better chance to be on the same page. That’s what we need to do.”
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...7-5b50f50314f4

I want to see an OL that can do their job(s).

I want to see more variety in the short-intermediate passing game.

I want to see RB's gain more than 2.7 yards/carry.

I don't want to see negative run plays at the line.

I don't want to see guys blowing through our OL untouched.

I don't want to deep sideline route after deep sideline route all game.

Blog Entries

Re: Will we see any changes today?

A new scheme designed by Moe, Larry, and Curly, is to run Rice laterally back and forth in the backfield as long as possible before cutting back to the line to at least make the D do some chasing and wear down some and to also chew a few nano seconds off the clock to rest Ravens D, both of which haven't happened. At 2.7 yards/carry, might as well get something out it.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't expect to see too many changes with a bye week just around the corner. They'll say all the right things but I doubt we see any real scheme changes put in for a road game against a division opponent. Instead the focus will be on better execution of the same concepts that we've seen this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I wouldn't expect to see too many changes with a bye week just around the corner. They'll say all the right things but I doubt we see any real scheme changes put in for a road game against a division opponent. Instead the focus will be on better execution of the same concepts that we've seen this year.
    I guess we can expect a loss then, because regardless of Pitt's current record they still are a tough division opponent. And we have had trouble running against them even when we COULD run. Hell we have trouble passing against them. At least they won;t have Harrison this time.

Without some extra wrinkles today I don't have much faith in coming out with a win. Which will certainly be disappointing. Because I think we have the better team.

I hope the Ravens' game plan for scoring points doesn't revolve around hoping for a special teams TD. I hope they have really tried to correct the glaring issues that have persisted all year.

I am not in the mood for more lip service.

I think we'll do well if we run Rice between the center and right guard at least 80% of the time on first down.

An Flacco needs to get off his ass and start blocking the linebackers that come through the line clean. What are we paying him for?

Blog Entries

Haven't they said they need to get rice more involved in the passing game? I don't see how theyve accomplished that so far. I see no real effort to target rice as a receiving option. I see no variety in the passing game at all.

I am just tired of the double talk. "oh the OL scheme change was a mere minor tweak" oh is it? That minor of a tweak can apparently have disastrous results. So maybe it wasn't as no minor as you lead on.

"Will we see any changes today?"

We better.

Blog Entries

We're all used to the Ravens winning ugly and pulling this crap during season, but this city is going to go bezerk if they lose today.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Harbaugh is as stubborn as they get the changes they need to make wont happen if at all, buckle up folks its gonna be a bumpy season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Harbaugh is as stubborn as they get the changes they need to make wont happen if at all, buckle up folks its gonna be a bumpy season.
    Except when he forced Cam to stop running so often.

Or when he fired Cam.

Or when he dialed up the D in the playoffs.

Or when he decided after the half of the AFCGC to open up the air attack.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Except when he forced Cam to stop running so often.

Or when he fired Cam.

Or when he dialed up the D in the playoffs.

Or when he decided after the half of the AFCGC to open up the air attack.
    I'll buy changes when I see it this season .