Bryce Petty Legit?

I watched the Baylor / OU game last night and I was stunned at what I was looking at.

I do not follow college ball as closely as some here so I wanted to get confirmation for what I saw last night. Is this guy the real deal? NFL QB or a flash in the pan?

Re: Bryce Petty Legit?

Not sure really. I'm not smart enough to separate him from Baylor's incredibly unique system.

Baylor's DBs definitely got my attention though.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

I think he has a lot of great qualities and if he returns next year (he is a red shirt soph right now) then I think he could definitely make a bid for a high 1st round pick.

That said, I do agree that Baylor's offense is pretty potent so it is hard to understand exactly how good Petty is or if he is a product of their offense because last year's QB, Nick Florence, also made a lot of great plays with his feet and arm, but he was a UDFA and I don't even think he's on an NFL squad right now.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

When you see a guy like Case Keenum coming out of a similar system (or RG3, who came out of the same system) playing in the NFL, you can't discount Petty as a system guy.

He looks to me like he has all the throws. I'd put him up around Derek Carr territory -- a possible first rounder.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    When you see a guy like Case Keenum coming out of a similar system (or RG3, who came out of the same system) playing in the NFL, you can't discount Petty as a system guy.

He looks to me like he has all the throws. I'd put him up around Derek Carr territory -- a possible first rounder.
    I don't agree with this at all.

Yes, there are a lot of QBs who play in specific systems in college that turn out to be decent players in the pros, but then you have a lot of others who don't. Kevin Kolb came out of the same system as Case Keenum.

Some others: Tebow, Pat White, mark Sanchez, Matt Leinart, etc.

The point is that it is a hit or miss.

That said, I like Bryce Petty. He has a good arm and nice accuracy. He also has nice size (6'3" 230lbs).

I don't know that he is as dynamic of a player as Marcus Mariota or Teddy Bridgewater though . If I were Petty I would prob stay in school one more year and come out next year. He'd be the top QB on many boards.

Another pretty underrated QB is Brynn Renner out of UNC and Blake Bortles out of UCF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

"The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver