Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Last 10 games.. how do they shake out?

playing .500 ball with 10 games left. 6-4 down the stretch only gets us to 9-7. Are we good enough to go 7-3? Right now you have to wonder..

@ Steelers - Loss
    @ Browns - Win
    vs. Bengals - Win
    @ Chicago - Loss
    vs. NY Jets - Win
    vs. Steelers - Win
    @ Detroit - Loss
    vs. Minnesota - Win
    vs. New England - Loss
    @ Cincy - Loss

I think this is a fair prediction. We're a .500 team because we've played like it, and this schedule puts us at 8-8 at the end of the year.

Re: Last 10 games.. how do they shake out?

I'm not predicting specific wins and losses, but this team looks every bit of a team that will finish somewhere between 7-9 to 9-7.

We've looked very average and I haven't seen any improvement on offense and there doesn't seem to be much light at the end of the tunnel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Anything could happen. Major changes offensively need to be made during the bye week. If it gets its shit together we could go 10-6 or even 11-5, but that's a huge if.
    90% of the game is half mental

Blog Entries

it's a week to week league; I'm just looking to the next game. We know from last year, anything ANYTHING is possible.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

We have the potential to lose to any team on the road. Any team. And the potential to lose to any decent team at home. Any decent team.

So theoretically we could finish around 6-10 (losing 5 road games and at home to N.E. and Cincy).

That said, if we pull our heads out of our asses, there is a chance we can be playing Cincy (at Cincy) for the division in week 17. And since that could be considered a playoff game basically, we could actually win it.

It all depends on our offense. Our defense is playing well enough to beat anyone left on our schedule. Our offense is a ridiculous joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    it's a week to week league; I'm just looking to the next game. We know from last year, anything ANYTHING is possible.
    Exactly. If they go out an annihilate Pittsburgh next week, everyone on this board will be singing a different tune about the outlook of the rest of the season.
    90% of the game is half mental

I'm figuring that 9-7 gets the last spot in the playoffs and possibly the AFCN. The Bengals are our main competition in the North. For the wild card it looks like...Dolphins, Titans, Jets, Browns, and Chargers. I don't see any of those teams going on an extended run.

As we have said since before the preseason, the Ravens are built to come together in the 2nd half of the season; several of the other teams are at peak efficiency now and will get worse.

Blog Entries

If they play like today?

3-13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yup. The offense really concerns me though.

I'll take a stab: 8-8. Final 5 wins are: Bengals, Jets, Steelers and Vikings at home, Detroit on the road. I just don't see this team getting a whole lot better on the offensive side of the ball.
    Would love to be wrong and see the team make a 6th straight consecutive playoff birth, because as we all know anything can happen at that point. Then again, anything can happen even at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by palukaraven View Post
    I'll take a stab: 8-8. Final 5 wins are: Bengals, Jets, Steelers and Vikings at home, Detroit on the road. I just don't see this team getting a whole lot better on the offensive side of the ball.
    Would love to be wrong and see the team make a 6th straight consecutive playoff birth, because as we all know anything can happen at that point. Then again, anything can happen even at this point.
    The o-line should get better but if they don't upgrade the receiving corp we are in trouble. Part of the problem with the o-line is the receivers do not get separation thus Joe taking more time to get rid of it. Somebody needs to compliment Torry so he does not get doubled up constantly.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

I would switch the @ Pittsburgh and NE games to Ws. Sound crazy but this team has always tended to rise to the level of their competition (I know the Steelers are 1-4 but c'mon its the Steelers) although that sure didnt happen today. So that would make 10-6 which is not quite a postseason lock but will surely put us in the mix in the final week.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect