Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Billick is an idiot!!!!!

He needs to put down the thesaurus and read a book about football strategy!

His bonehead play calls left more than enough time on the clock for the Jets to come back, and let's face it, we were lucky they dropped two touchdown passes.

OK Brian, here's how it goes.... When you have a 7 point lead with 3 minutes left on the clock, you RUN the football and take all of the 40 second clock up on all 4 downs. Force them to use their time outs! If they don't you would have almost 2:30 off the clock, leaving them with less than a minute to make a comeback attempt, not 2:38 with the 2 minute warning and a timeout!

Any pimple faced kid on Madden knows how to run the clock at the half and end of the game. Billick has never known clock management! He would call a timeout after the feild goal in an attempt to ice the kicker. :insane:

Re: Billick is an idiot!!!!!

The goofy part about it is he seems to do it every time...

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Yes, Billick should do what pimply faced kids slinging fries at McD's would do.

I on occasion can question some of Billick's strategy but please, there is a reason we write on message boards and he writes playbooks.

Hey everybody's a Monday morning QB when it comes to the NFL.

While he did make some questionable calls, had they been executed properly, you wouldn't be hearing all the crying about them after the fact.

The man is hardly an idiot. In fact, he's a major reason for our franchise's meteoric rise since 1999. Check his track record.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

I thought it was a beautiful gameplan for 3 Q's. Very up tempo,nice mix of run and pass,that had the Jets D on their toes.

Yes things did slide in the 4th.And I think ass' Head Coach Vic Fangio needs to call down to Billick who maybe caught up in the energy off the field. To remind him,what needs to be done in certain circumstances.That's why most Off' Co-Ord's are up in the booth away from the high drama on the sidelines.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

It was a good gameplan with good play calling until the last series. You've GOT to just run the ball 3 times there and put the pressure on the other team's offense.

And yes, he screws that up every time. :grbac:

He has forgotten more about football then any of us will ever know. A lot of people fail to realize that Billick isn't the one out there executing the plays. A win is a win, be happy.

I've had Billick's back, through thick and thin since he's been here. However, there is no defense for (1) not running the ball yesterday in the situation described in this post and (2) going so pass happy in the red zone against the Bengals.

If you want to catch the defense napping and throw when they're expecting a run, then go with a quick hitting seam pass to DWil instead of a low percentage bomb along the sideline. The pass wasn't even thrown in bounds, which is something Boller has had problems with in the past. Then, we hike the ball on 2nd and 3rd down with time left on the play clock and throw incomplete on 3rd to top if off!! You have to run in that situation to either force them to use a time out or run the clock down to the 2:00 warning.

Execution is one thing, but he called a play that they probably only hit once or twice in 10 tries in practice. With a 14 point lead to start the 2nd half, we turned to the pass more than the run. Balance in the first half nets 17 points, pass happy in the 2nd half nets 3 points and near disaster. I hate to use the word, but I simply feel that a good deal of arrogance is starting to seep into our offensive game plan more and more.

The play calling at the end of the Bengals game cost us a chance to win. The play calling at the end of the Jets game cost us a chance to have a nice rebound game to build on. We're waiting for the Ravens to put four quarters of good football together. I guess the same could be said for our offensive gameplan.

Thank you!

If this was the first time he has mismanaged the clock I wouldn't be that upset, but he does it all the time!!!!

Asking me to be happy after a win, when we were lucky the opponent dropped 2 TD passes to get us off the hook is as dumb as asking a judge to drop your DWI charge because you didn't hit anyone on the way home!!!

What's his record now, 40-1 when up by 14 points?

Yeah, there's a guy who has no idea how to protect a lead.

Just guessing here, but the plan may have been, we either (a) land a killing blow here, or (b) worst case scenario, punt and our defense will hold them. More puzzling to me was the defensive lapses that led to the long drive. But, if Billick's strategy was, I am confident the defense will hold them, the fact is he was right. It was closer then it should have been, but I am more inclined to blame the defense then the coach. The defense is good enough to be trusted in that situation, and Billick is right to be confident they will not underachieve. If they *do* underachieve, that's a problem with execution. In the end they did what they are supposed to do.
    My :2c:.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Yes, Billick should do what pimply faced kids slinging fries at McD's would do.

I on occasion can question some of Billick's strategy but please, there is a reason we write on message boards and he writes playbooks.
    I agree that people here can get carried away, but come on .... this is Football 101 and Billick is in danger of failing the class.

You run the ball when you have the lead within 3 minutes of the end. Period. No Exceptions.

Are you agreeing with his play calling?

Stinky I'll agree with 40-1 with a 14 point lead. Go ahead and nitpick with Greg if he wants.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.