Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

What do we think this means for the blocking scheme up front?

???????????????????????

Does inserting a guy like Monroe, who is better suited for zone blocking than McKinnie, mean that they are just trying to get the right guys for the system? In that case, who will make the line calls to eliminate the confusion that's been going on?

At the same time, Monroe can also be successful in a man blocking scheme. Could we see A.Q. Shipley enter the starting lineup, since he is better suited for man blocking? Will we see Gradkowski get a chance in a man blocking scheme, with simplified assignments and someone else making the line calls, to see if that helps him out?

While Monroe can play both schemes, which do we think he is best at?

Thoughts? Info?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: What do we think this means for the blocking scheme up front?

i'm thinkin the fact Harbs consistently said "scheme" in his presser, something tells me its put a hat on hat time and let these guys do work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    i'm thinkin the fact Harbs consistently said "scheme" in his presser, something tells me its put a hat on hat time and let these guys do work.
    I would tend to agree; they don't run either exclusively but those outside stretch plays have stopped working. Use the outside ZBS but the interior runs need to be assignment blocking so Leach can do his job and get Rice into the 2nd level

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I would tend to agree; they don't run either exclusively but those outside stretch plays have stopped working. Use the outside ZBS but the interior runs need to be assignment blocking so Leach can do his job and get Rice into the 2nd level
    exactly especially if there are content with keep running up the god damn middle all the time then get physical now we have a physical tackle, shit now you look at it you have Monroe, KO, Yanda and Oher?? no fucking reason for this team not to be able to run the damn ball time to stop being cute and start manhandling defenses.

Blog Entries

The stretch run plays were the bread and butter of this rush offense. That would be a good place to start trying to gain more ground.

I can't remember, did we run them from man or zone? All I remembered was Leach either sending LBs like Maualuga into another area code or, LBs like Maualuga avoiding Leach altogether when he came around the bend.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

we have some road graders on the inside and out, Gino is the weakest link now we know that, but if he can sustain his block for a few it gives Leach time to find that LB and Rice time to make his move..Hat on Hat

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The stretch run plays were the bread and butter of this rush offense. That would be a good place to start trying to gain more ground.

I can't remember, did we run them from man or zone? All I remembered was Leach either sending LBs like Maualuga into another area code or, LBs like Maualuga avoiding Leach altogether when he came around the bend.
    They run ZBS on the stretch plays, at least they used to when they were effective. Remember that Jets game where they ran it over and over and over and the Jets couldn't stop it?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Wasn't the rub on Monroe that he wasn't physical and nasty enough to do well in a zone blocking scheme? Sounds like a change might be in order

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They run ZBS on the stretch plays, at least they used to when they were effective. Remember that Jets game where they ran it over and over and over and the Jets couldn't stop it?
    Leach brought his knowledge of it from Houston it was the shit teams struggled to stop it don't know why we moved away from it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wash yourself View Post
    Wasn't the rub on Monroe that he wasn't physical and nasty enough to do well in a zone blocking scheme? Sounds like a change might be in order
    To me, this is backwards though. Zone blockers are more athletic and less physical. When you look at the recent teams that have ran it with great success, none of them had overpowering offensive linemen. Kansas City ran it with Priest Holmes and, while they had 2-3 Hall of Fame caliber players on that line, they weren't overpowering guys. Houston is another example. Chris Myers is just as undersized as Gino Gradkowski.

Blog Entries

Now it's coming back to me. They did run the zone stretch play, but everything else was man. They pulled the Guards a lot, but it was still man. Who can forget Yanda pulling to his left and wreaking havoc?

Blog Entries

don't fogert Denver Shanahan era he was the master at it, their line was never big or the meanest they were smaller linemen that could create space quickly.