Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Joe Flacco "Almost There" (not quite top 10)

Joe's next step to be an "elite game manager" like Manning, Brady and to a lesser extent Brees will be to use speed to work the game to his advantage. If Manning or Brady were at QB, Torry Smith's catch that was overturned against Houston would never have been reviewed. They would have run the next play if there were any question. Manning did it to the Ravens in the first game this year on the obvious bounced ball catch which started them on their run. Manning got them to the line and ran the next play before Harbaugh could challenge. Joe does not do that...yet.

He could also hurry to the line on 2nd or 3rd and short and run a quick play before the defense sets. Brady will even sneak on many of these.

When Joe learns how to get that urgency to steal a play or a first down a game, he will truly be an "elite game manager".

This reality is that this is a football game - a game in which there is a winner and a loser! The ONLY important thing is who WINS. WINNING is the only statistic that matters. Ask Eli Manning and RG III if they would give up all their 2013 statistics (completions, yards, etc) for three wins. What do you think the answer would be. Ask Matt Ryan if he would give up his 50%of his career statistics for a Superbowl win. What do you think the answer would be.

I don't care if the sports talking heads think Joe's the worst quarterback in the league. He's a winner in my book and the Ravens will be in the hunt as long as he's there. And I am happy with that thought and its the only thing thats important.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't see where the author is being unfair.

As you pointed out, the author is simply looking at this year so far.

Rivers has had a better season than Joe this year so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    This reality is that this is a football game - a game in which there is a winner and a loser! The ONLY important thing is who WINS. WINNING is the only statistic that matters. Ask Eli Manning and RG III if they would give up all their 2013 statistics (completions, yards, etc) for three wins. What do you think the answer would be. Ask Matt Ryan if he would give up his 50%of his career statistics for a Superbowl win. What do you think the answer would be.

I don't care if the sports talking heads think Joe's the worst quarterback in the league. He's a winner in my book and the Ravens will be in the hunt as long as he's there. And I am happy with that thought and its the only thing thats important.
    Yeah and with the schedule the Chargers have, they are looking at a 7-9 or worse season.
    I don't see them making the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Funny to see no Tom Brady in the top 10. Also ANYONE who ever puts Tony Romo that high is high.... and completely going by numbers and not watching any game being played on the field. I don't care WTF Romo's stats are right now. He WILL fuck it all up when it counts the most. And he may just make it into the playoffs this year for a change... but only because the NFC E blows this year so far.

I don't remember where I heard it or read it but, Tony Romo is the exact opposite of Joe Flacco. Romo is a Fantasy Stats machine. He will rack up numbers all game or when it matters the least and then screw it all up when it counts. Flacco will look completely average all game long but he'll make the key plays that matter the most when you need them the most.

That's why Flacco has won a Super Bowl and taken a decent his team with average weapons at WR to the Playoffs 5 years in a row and counting... and Romo has squandered elite talent at the WR position year after year.
    On the money with this post!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    I don't remember where I heard it or read it but, Tony Romo is the exact opposite of Joe Flacco. Romo is a Fantasy Stats machine. He will rack up numbers all game or when it matters the least and then screw it all up when it counts. Flacco will look completely average all game long but he'll make the key plays that matter the most when you need them the most.

That's why Flacco has won a Super Bowl and taken a decent his team with average weapons at WR to the Playoffs 5 years in a row and counting... and Romo has squandered elite talent at the WR position year after year.
    The only similarities between Joe & Romo are spelling: the o at the end of their last names & the closeness of game manager (JF) to game mangler (TR).

(Romo-Seltzer: Comes in a white package with blue trim, been giving Cowgirls fans upset stomachs for over a decade now...)

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Except for that glaring won loss record.
    The author was speaking in terms of individual stats.

The thin skin of Ravens fans strikes again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    smh... when will these football analysts learn? Granted the article is for THIS YEAR and not a lifetime of work. But still, C'MON MAN!

Philip Rivers who has never won anything and owns a losing record this year is ranked in the top 5 along with fellow loser record QB golden boy Matt Ryan. Flacco at 2-1 can't crack the top 10. He's "almost there". Quite comical actually.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...g-the-starters
    It looks pretty clear to me that it's based purely on the QBI. He laid that out in the title and first paragraph.

The Quarterback Index: Ranking the starters

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Eh, don't really care about what a talking head has to say about it. If you want telling stats (besides the obvious w/l record), then that one in another thread about 3rd down conversions is one for me. Third and long, everyone knows you're going to throw, and convert anyway? Damn.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr OC View Post
    Eh, don't really care about what a talking head has to say about it. If you want telling stats (besides the obvious w/l record), then that one in another thread about 3rd down conversions is one for me. Third and long, everyone knows you're going to throw, and convert anyway? Damn.

On third down passes, Joe Flacco has gone 27-of-43 for 366 yards. His yardage total is 50 more than any other passer.

If they can get the run game going and they get the play action going, the offense will take off. Plus more passing on first down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It looks pretty clear to me that it's based purely on the QBI. He laid that out in the title and first paragraph.

The Quarterback Index: Ranking the starters
    He's much more arrogant that that. This is yet another index created from of course his big brain.
    Notes: These rankings are based off watching Game Rewind, but I like to cross-check them after I'm finished with some advanced metrics. My take on Rivers felt far less crazy when Football Outsiders,Pro Football Focus and ESPN's Total QBR each had Rivers No. 2 overall in the young season. (And those three sources rarely agree on the numbers.)
    I especially like mentioning the advanced metrics that aren't explained probably because it's much too complicated for us to understand. Some magical algorithm. I'll have him know I've had a magic 8 ball for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    He's much more arrogant that that. This is yet another index created from of course his big brain.I especially like mentioning the advanced metrics that aren't explained probably because it's much too complicated for us to understand. Some magical algorithm. I'll have him know I've had a magic 8 ball for years.
    Not quite sure how that's arrogant.

Blog Entries

My sig line says how I feel about J5. 11 TD's vs. 0 INT in the Playoffs tells me all I need to know about the guy. He's a gutsy guy you want when the shit's on the line.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎