Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

I'm trying to figure out just how Ray's concept of "leadership in the locker room" would have prevented something like this from happening. The only thing I'm coming up with is not to have this sort of party during the season at all. (I can just imagine Schoolmarm Lewis in granny glasses waving around a hickory stick & whining You kids just go on home & study film, & don't let me catch you with anything stronger than Mountain Dew!)

(Maybe Ray's just pissed off that he wasn't invited? :D)

As for "refocusing," that looked to me like a pretty focused team out there handling the Texans by 3 TDs, doncha think? Anyone see any "focus" that needed "re'ing"? Ain't like anyone's gotta send a Space Shuttle up to fit new specs on a space telescope that can't see straight, is it?

Much as it pains me to admit, I agree (In a stopped-clock-2x-daily-blind-pig-finding-truffle sense) with the Sad Sack of Krispy Kreme Krumbz:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Bag O'Donuts
    Lewis had his own way of leading. He was a great leader on the field. He made others around him better, the ultimate compliment of a leader. He worked with younger guys and often took them home to study film or teach life lessons. That was his style, his way. It was unique. But that doesn't mean the Ravens are void of leadership. A big black hole sucking down the franchise wasn't created just because No. 52 left.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    As for "refocusing," that looked to me like a pretty focused team out there handling the Texans by 3 TDs, doncha think? Anyone see any "focus" that needed "re'ing"?
    Like I said earlier: The team that was "lacking in leadership" sure did have a lot more success against the Texans than last year's team with the leaders.

Blog Entries

Re: This is EXACTLY why I am glad the Ravens did not draft Vontaze Burfict.

http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens

Now, Ray responds to the response, and I must say, it sounds like naive bullshit.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

This is a new rookie season for Ray Lewis. Rookies do dumb shit all the time. He'll figure it out or he'll get cut.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    This is a new rookie season for Ray Lewis. Rookies do dumb shit all the time. He'll figure it out or he'll get cut.
    Lol. Except stirring the pot is a good thing for what he's doing now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

True. But his employer is not considering this 'dumb shit.' ESPN is hearing cash registers every time Flacco responds to Ray, and Ray responds how it was out of context, and Torrey confirms the team has leaders, and a Ravens discussion board has a ten-page thread, etc. etc.

This is the network that continues to employ Skip Bayless remember. If dumb shit was a crime, he'd have gotten lethal injection years ago.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    True. But his employer is not considering this 'dumb shit.' ESPN is hearing cash registers every time Flacco responds to Ray, and Ray responds how it was out of context, and Torrey confirms the team has leaders, and a Ravens discussion board has a ten-page thread, etc. etc.

This is the network that continues to employ Skip Bayless remember. If dumb shit was a crime, he'd have gotten lethal injection years ago.
    Goes back to the old adage "Any PR is good PR".

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Goes back to the old adage "Any PR is good PR".
    Or "Let's just throw some shit up on the wall and see if any sticks."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Or "Let's just throw some shit up on the wall and see if any sticks."
    Yup. ESPN is a network full of trolls. There are some exceptions but not many.

"The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Im glad he did it. It gives the disrespected SB champs another chip on thier shoulder. Most SB champs are the hunted, but not this team.....they are the hunters... I like it.

Blog Entries

Ray's response to his teammates' defensive comments had me shaking my head.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore