Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buffalo Trip

Re: Buffalo Trip

I believe the last time Buffalo was at M&T, I remember crossing over the tracks to get back to Lot J, when a male Bills fan started with me (I said nothing to him or anyone at that point) and tried to pick a fight with me. He was quite hammered and I was quite sober, so I figured if he got too close, I could take him (he could have only been around 5' 7" and a punch in the nuts would have rendered him down for the count). I said a few choice words then continued to the lot. So, I also have only had negative experiences with Bills fans.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    I believe the last time Buffalo was at M&T, I remember crossing over the tracks to get back to Lot J, when a male Bills fan started with me (I said nothing to him or anyone at that point) and tried to pick a fight with me. He was quite hammered and I was quite sober, so I figured if he got too close, I could take him (he could have only been around 5' 7" and a punch in the nuts would have rendered him down for the count). I said a few choice words then continued to the lot. So, I also have only had negative experiences with Bills fans.

GirlsPunchNuts also has a certain ring to it. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    GirlsPunchNuts also has a certain ring to it. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmokramer View Post
    Exactly. What the hell is the problem up there (other than the fact they live in Buffalo)?? I've been to at least 10 other NFL venues, including Pittsburgh, have not experienced anything near what I'm hearing occurs in Buffalo!
    There no explaining differences in experiences. We went to the same game, spending perhaps 8 or 9 hours in Orchard Park pre-game through post-game tailgating, including upper deck seating. Never encountered or saw any hostility from Bills fans. Frankly, outside of the warmth of the fans of teams from the Deep South, I'd rank Bills fans as the most hospitable of all the stadiums we've visited (26 if I counted correctly).
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Hmmm dunno. It'll be me and the wife. I'm not a small guy just short. Actually same ht and wt as ray rice lol. I can take whatever ribbing but if anyone says anything to my wife or gets to threatening and I'll be going to jail. Any of you other Ravens fans going to be there and want my number PM me. I'll back you up right or wrong.

Btw. What are you guys plans for parking? For those that have been is there anything within walking distance that isn't the stadium lots? Not my idea of a good time of leaving my vehicle with Maryland tags in there. I've seen what we do to out of state tags in our lots lol.
    Last edited by JustaslowZ06; 09-27-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    I have been to a lot of away games. Went to BUF in 2007. Had a great weekend (aside from the game) and there were a ton of Ravens fans. I will preface what I am saying with I met a ton of awesome, super nice Bills fans prior to the game.

We had a group of about 40 total sitting in 3 different sections - mostly family and friends that were 30+ years old and clearly not looking for trouble. Had D cell batteries thrown at us when we pulled into the parking lot, AAA batteries (LOL) thrown at us during the game (the security guy standing 4 feet to my left looked at me and shrugged) and saw a woman Ravens fan I didn't know get sucker punched in the face by another woman walking into the concourse from her seats. A friend of mine who sat in a different section next to a Bills fan the whole game without exchanging one word turned to leave after the game and he got punched in the face. I wont mention the scene in the parking lot after the game that looked like it was bombed during WW2 and never cleaned up. It has been a while and that is a few quick memories off the top of my head.

Like I said I have been to plenty of other away games with varying degrees of this stuff. And I am no saint - have had a few too many at home games and sure I have said stuff and acted like an ass to away fans, but this was the only sporting event that I truly did not enjoy and felt uncomfortable with the atmosphere. Buffalo is a sad wasteland. I am glad I went to experience it, but would never go back if my trip was paid for. I hope they move to Toronto.

If you are going I hope that they have cleaned up their act and you have a great time.
    WTF is with them and batteries?? Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, it was the McGahee return to Buffalo. Saw quite a few of his jerseys lit on fire in the parking lot before the game. I remember there was a WSJ article about the violence at the Cowboys @ BUF Monday Night game just a week or 2 before our game up there. There were an absurd amount of arrests. I googled it but could not find a link. I remember being surprised because I never had a second thought about them being that way up there, you always here about PHI/OAK.

Blog Entries

For the people that went was that not the WORST stadium you've ever been to? What a joke nada dump. I was in section 122. The bathrooms didn't work for like that half of the stadium and the concessions on that side had to get shut down also..AND shutting off beer at halftime? Wow worst experience I've ever had. Oh and of course no smoking.

Blog Entries

how were the fans? I would think they wouldn't be too hostile since they lead the whole game

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    how were the fans? I would think they wouldn't be too hostile since they lead the whole game
    They weren't bad. No batteries or anything. The usual ribbing and cat calls. I just replied and asked when's the last time they even had a winning season let alone saw the playoffs. That pretty much silenced anyone. Or how they could let this many fans travel from 7 hours away and take over their stadium. We had ALOT there. Lol

My wife and I were not heckled too badly. The guy behind us kept referring to the murderer; of course they have # 32 on their ROH. And at the walk back to the car a guy ripped on us. When I asked how many trophies they had he said that was last year. When I asked when they last went to the playoffs, he could not remember. I told him check back on week 16 to be relevant.

And the stadium was a reminder of Memorial Stadium. The jumbo board on one end was not was not helpful. Not inclined to return.

And it did feel like the Jacksonville Monday Night game.
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

Don't be so harsh to Memorial Stadium! That stadium was pathetic lol. At least I got Ray Rice glove lol. He handed it to the wife after warm ups. Got Webbies autograph and Bynes when they came back through the tunnel after warm ups. Tucker almost handed us a ball he was kicking with but the stadium guys snatched it before he could hand it to her. Suggs slapped her hand so hard when they came out of the tunnel she said it still hurt after the game.