Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Boller is ready to lead

WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO DO????? McNair when healthy IS ONLY A FRACTION BETTER!!! AND HE'S NOT HEALTHY!!!

YOU ADD NOTHING! SAY SOMETHING NEW OR SHUT UP!!!!

Tell you what Tex. YOU go in there at quarterback. Because besides YOU, Boller is our best option when McNair is hurt.
    Last edited by festivus; 10-22-2007 at 02:41 PM. Reason: fixing typo. hard to type clearly when i'm pissed.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Only an idiot would blame this game on Kyle..
    RIW, you've met Tex I presume.

I suggest you guys put Tex on ignore...it's great...

No doubt. I have him and Crazy on ignore. But its like a train wreck though. Once in a while you want to click "view post" just to see what goofiness spews out from them.

I suggest you guys put Tex on ignore...it's great...
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

No doubt. I have him and Crazy on ignore. But its like a train wreck though. Once in a while you want to click "view post" just to see what goofiness spews out from them.
    Yea but the funnier thing is when you go through the trouble of writing those good awful long weekly "Stinger thoughts" mostly everyone ignores it and your not even on their list. Can you say crickets. The stats are there, dude stop trying to act like your filmstudy....PLEASE, because you are not.

Looks like Im back on stingers ignore....
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post

Yea but the funnier thing is when you go through the trouble of writing those good awful long weekly "Stinger thoughts" mostly everyone ignores it and your not even on their list. Can you say crickets. The stats are there, dude stop trying to act like your filmstudy....PLEASE, because you are not.

Looks like Im back on stingers ignore....
    I don't have anyone on ignore, its good to see the flow of a thread, no matter where it might lead.

Like I said in another thread, I like Stinger's thoughts and others do too. He might not do the stats like Filmstudy (and who could - that depth is phenomenal), but Stinger's posts are still good stuff.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

8. Re: Boller is ready to lead

Only an idiot would blame this game on Kyle.

Could he have done some things different...yes, I could name a couple times I screamed at teh TV, but the guy played ok...not great but ok.

And I agree...his mechanics at times are just horrible. When he steps in his throw, he throws a good ball, but that last pass is why I lose my mind sometimes...what the hell was that falling back, sideways awkward throw on a pretty ho-hum pass (although Musa was covered and wouldn't have gotten the first down anyway)? You see that and you wonder if he will ever understand that you can't do that.

Then you see that absolute rocket laser thathe fit in between 3 defenders and you know that is a pass that maybe 2 other guys in this league can make and you drool.

That is Kyle Boller...the teasing, the talent, the toughness and then the inconsistancy, and poor mechanics.

I don't know...this offence is just a complete joke and I'm sick and tired of it. I have defended Billick in the past, but I'm ready for him to go. I know it won't happen and doing it now makes no sense, but I'd love to replace him with Rex, after the season and let Neuhisel (sp?) run the offense and see how it goes then.
    Instead of re-hashing the whole thing. I'll just refer to your post.

Agree all the way on Kyle.
    Boller played OK.
    At times he shows, excellent vision, toughness, and zip on his ball.
    Other times, he rushed his checkdowns and had little touch when it was needed.
    He should be entering the prime of his career and you just wonder if he is the guy or not?

The Ravens have much deeper issues that the QB position. I said it before the season began that this would be a down year and a decision year. The core continues to get older. Will Lewis, McNair, Ogden, etc be around much longer?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I have, at some time, had all of Tex's alias' on both boards ignored, and for some reason I keep taking him off. I'll ignore him, then see a thread with some humerous responses and I end up clicking to see too many times, and decide that the humor is worth un-ignoring him.

BTW, I too read Stinger's thoughts each week.

Blog Entries

First, no way Boller lost this game for us. No interceptions today, no QB fumbles.
    But Billick's playcalling DID!!!! And Boller's lack of poise didn't help......

Now, here's where the wierdness comes in. Statistically, Boller outplayed Edwards. Edwards was 151 yards with an INT. Boller was 191 and a TD.
    He should! He has 4 years MORE experience!!

Now, where I am going to agree with you on is that someone has GOT to sit him down and show him every throw he makes off his back foot. I dunno if it's shellshock or what, but he does throw deep balls as if he's about to get hit, even when he's not being hurried. I don't know who, but somebody has got to get him on the field and force him to plant his back foot before making any long throw. Personally, I think if he stepped into any of those downfield throws the last two weeks they would have been on target. Until then, he's not going to make those more often than not. That's going to make the difference more than anything.
    A zebra can't change his stripes. He is an average NFL QB. He's the type of QB that gives you acid reflux!!! He has flashes of excellence (pass to Mason) but mostly mediocrity (4th and 1 pass). He will not deliver us to the promised land. We should keep him as a backup though, since he know's Billick's idiotic gameplan.

BTW, this team could have a Tom Brady on it, and I don't think we are a Super Bowl team.
    I wholeheartedly disagree with you there. You mean to tell me that if you could go back in time and get Tom Brady, everything else on the team being equal, you wouldn't take him? They must not drug test where you work!!!

Brady has 2 things Boller's never had......an arm and pocket presence! Even when the pocket breaks down on Brady, he has the presence of mind to move away from it, all while looking downfield! One thing in Boller's defense is that Brady has the best O-line in the NFL and probably has in the last 5-6 years. But I still refer you to Brady's pocket presence.

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    I don't have anyone on ignore, its good to see the flow of a thread, no matter where it might lead.

Like I said in another thread, I like Stinger's thoughts and others do too. He might not do the stats like Filmstudy (and who could - that depth is phenomenal), but Stinger's posts are still good stuff.
    Dude. Don't worry about it. And I have my thoughts coming tonight. Crazy is just jealous that no one likes him either and no one really cares if he posts here or not. It's all about being bitter with him. And it goes back a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63
    But Billick's playcalling DID!!!! And Boller's lack of poise didn't help......
    With all due respect, to where are you referring to a lack of poise. The guy stood in the pocket and made throws. I'm not saying he didn't miss deep balls. But his poise has been much improved since McNair's been here.

A zebra can't change his stripes. He is an average NFL QB. He's the type of QB that gives you acid reflux!!! He has flashes of excellence (pass to Mason) but mostly mediocrity (4th and 1 pass). He will not deliver us to the promised land. We should keep him as a backup though, since he know's Billick's idiotic gameplan.
    So you are saying that a young QB can't learn? Then I feel very bad for a lot of young QB's right now in this league. You make it sound like he hasn't improved since sitting behind McNair, and I will disagree with you every time on that.

I wholeheartedly disagree with you there. You mean to tell me that if you could go back in time and get Tom Brady, everything else on the team being equal, you wouldn't take him? They must not drug test where you work!!!
    Here's a hint before I respond. Take the "They must not drug test....." bullshit and save that for someone else. You want to have a real discussion, or do you want to sit with Tex and Crazyraven in the "no one takes me seriously" section?

All things being equal? Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. There was a reason at the draft that Brady was a 6th round pick. If people knew he was that good, he would have been a 1st rounder.

But let's remember Brady has a few things QB's in Baltimore never have. Not just Boller, but pretty much all of them in the last 7 years. Brady has an incredible offensive line. The dude can make and eat lunch behind that line before having to throw the ball. McNair became the latest at least partial casualty behind ours. You tell me the last QB not to get injured behind our offensive line. Grbac, but he was beaten into RETIREMENT behind our OL. Brady also has a wealth of receivers to throw to. We're JUST NOW getting receivers together. But please PLEASE don't try to tell me we have a Randy Moss on our team. Oh, and Brady has a head coach that lets his OC run the offense, and would have run the ball on 2nd and 1.

All things equal? I would put money down that Tom Brady is not even CLOSE to the QB he is in New England if he's here in Baltimore. Not even CLOSE.

And as for Brady's pocket presence? Here he ould never have developed it here. A crap OL, and no veteran to sit behind before he played. You don't think Tom Brady came right out of the draft and played, do you?

BTW Crazy, since you were quoted. Not to further slap you make you cry and whine, because you've been doing great, but here are my thought threads. Let's see, you say they have been ignored huh?

49'ers - 17 responses
    http://www.profootball24x7.com/forum...ad.php?t=12489

Cardinals - 34 responses, 2 pages. Yeah, everyone ignored that one.
    http://www.profootball24x7.com/forum...ad.php?t=11675

But hey, whatever helps you get through the day man. I know it sucks to be you, but don't take it out on me.