McNair's Presence

Did anyone else notice this on Monday night. McNair didn't show any emotion at all. After every turnover he just walked over to the bench and sat there. He didn't talk to the coaches or other teammates. Also he appeared lost, like he was just going through the motions. I know his body isn't keeping up anymore but now I question his spirit.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Re: McNair's Presence

He has looked the same way all year. Especially in the MNF opener against Cincy, which was a remarkably similiar game to this one. I don't question his spirit, but I do question some other things.

1. Is he on some pain-killing medication (or something) that is muddying his mental capacity? He looks like he's having an out-of-body experience.

2. Is he realizing/dealing with the fact that he doesn't have it anymore in front of a national audience. Think of the scenario. You've been NFL QB for 13 years. You've been very good. You prepare the same way, trust your ability the same way. Go out to play and it just ain't working anymore. And now you look for answer, pray for help, try to make it happen and it just gets worse. Now your shellshocked and lost - which is exactly how he looks.

This thread should be called "McNairs Presents" as in the beautifully gift-wrapped win he gave to the Steelers.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    This thread should be called "McNairs Presents" as in the beautifully gift-wrapped win he gave to the Steelers.
    I'll admit McNair sucked as much as the next guy, but I do recall Ed Reed and Willis McGahee fumbled giving the Steelers the ball deep in our territory as well.

And on subject, McNair really does look like Grbac out there. No emotion at all and doesn't look like he even cares about the outcome of the game. Say what you want about Boller, but the guy at least looks like he wants to be out there playing for the Baltimore Ravens.

I don't care if the guy shows emotion or not. He's paid to come in here and win games. Instead he is helping lose them. Time for the big ugly ax. ....and talk about a waste of money (regular season last year he was worth it....not now)

I think you meant "wins" he gave to the "Steelers and Bengals."
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

That was an ugly wrapping!

Even last year he seemed to have an on-field demeanor that we called "calm" and "cool" and similar junk, but that seemed okay at the time because he led the team to some late wins, and we at least partially credited that to his calm, cool approach. Now, however, he really does just seem either beaten/discouraged, or even worse, disinterested/apathetic. Instead of looking angry or frustrated when the game was going bad, he looked depressed. Not what I want to see out of our QB.

I am concerned with his ability to play football. He can't throw the football very far; he has more fumbles than any other QB in the NFL and his interceptions are high for a guy who hasn't played. Frankly, he should retire and I think KB gives us the best chance of winning for the rest of the year. That is not saying much, but we are not going to the playoffs, anyway.

The Steve McNair doll: comes w/ super grip on throwing hand, but just add a few drops of water and watch the football squirt right out.

In stores now!!!!

FM