Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlon Brown

Blog Entries

Re: Marlon Brown

Marlon was a 5 star recruit at Georgia, but couldn't stay healthy. Torrey was a 2 star recruit at Maryland. What would of Brown done at MD. Torrey would of NEVER seen the feild at Georgia. Brown is the real deal, doing better than Torrey his rookie year. I'm not saying Brown will be better but they are both good.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    So what do you guys feel like his ceiling is? Ultimate role? Im thinking if the can find a receiver in the first couple rounds if the 2014 Draft hat gets separation...a quick twitch guy that can get yac then him, Torrey, and Brown would compliment each other very well and be a formidable trio.
    He has the potential to make people forget about Boldin. He's bigger, faster and younger. Next year he'll probably pack another 10 pounds on that big frame and he'll be more of a nightmare to match up against.

Blog Entries

To date, Brown has shown more than pretty much ANY other Ravens receiver outside of Torrey.

Even if he is only a 50 catch, 600 yard receiver with a handful of TDs, that is infinitely better than what we have seen in the past.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Marlon Brown is going to score 500 touchdowns this season.

Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I'm hoping that, when healthy, Thompson fits that role. Slot guy that runs the crossing routes. I'm more concerned about getting a TE early. I know we'll have Pitta back, but we still need another good TE
    Some of those routes they have Stokley running could end up in much bigger gains if Thompson gets healthy and lives up to some of the praise he got in the summer. Long term I still want the team to really press the envelope in the 2014 draft and get a stud in the draft opposite Torrey, Especially seeing that they won't have the money in free agency to do it in the next few yrs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Some of those routes they have Stokley running could end up in much bigger gains if Thompson gets healthy and lives up to some of the praise he got in the summer. Long term I still want the team to really press the envelope in the 2014 draft and get a stud in the draft opposite Torrey, Especially seeing that they won't have the money in free agency to do it in the next few yrs.
    I would love to see Marqise Lee, Mike Evans or Jordan Matthews.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I would love to see Marqise Lee, Mike Evans or Jordan Matthews.
    My thoughts exactly, with 10 to 12 picks coming and a roster well layered with talent there isn't a ton of pressing needs. I think they could afford to give up a couple picks to move up to grab a impact guy. He'd be on a rookie deal without the pressure if being the number one guy. Brown is also on a cheap deal the next couple yrs.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Truth

Marlon has 2 scores 110 yards and 8 receptions thru game 2
    needs 1 40yd td to match Torrey yds and TDs at game 3.

He is on a pace for 64 rec 880 yds and 16 TDs
    Torrey had 50 rec 841 yds and 7 TDs as a rookie.

Actually this means nothing really, he has to produce it, but it will be fun watching, and we as fans are drooling over the hope of lightening in a bottle, and so far so good, we actually have a pre-season hype-ster who has carried it into the season (admittedly with a lot of help from Brynden Trawick)
    fixed that for you

Blog Entries

What will help Brown is that Torrey constantly draws double teams and is a legitimate vertical threat. Torrey didn't have that during his rookie season.

Brown has the sort of size that we've been wanting in a WR for Flacco. Right now, due to his size and the way he is able to use his body, even if the connection is not crisp between he and Flacco, it can still result in receptions.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I'm hoping that, when healthy, Thompson fits that role. Slot guy that runs the crossing routes. I'm more concerned about getting a TE early. I know we'll have Pitta back, but we still need another good TE
    I agree with this quote, but I'm still not convinced that Thompson isn't better than Brown. He hasn't had a chance to show what he can do yet, and the Ravens coaching staff was raving about him in training camp. With his speed and quickness, **IF** he is for real I think he would be better on the outside with Brown in the slot.

That being said, I acknowledge that Marlon has proven much more than Thompson has at this point. If Thompson pans out, though, the Ravens will have one heckuva set of receivers.

If they all pan out, we would be able to keep Jacobe doing what he does best, Kick Returns. itll be like what the Browns did with Josh Cribbs (which i think is 1 of the ONLY things they have done right in the past 10 years.)

CBS picks for the game and Cowher is the only one picking the Ravens. Wow.