Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Antonio Brown is not happy with Todd Haley.

Call it the 'desperation factor' but I am expecting Pitt to win this week against Chicago. That might keep the wolves away from the door for a little while.

Now if they lose it could be fun to watch

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

As profootballtalk speculated if the Steelers continue to struggle and lose their next 2 games they could fire Haley and have two weeks to find a replacement because they have an early bye (week #4).

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Steelers had a formula that worked. The Steelers defense would hold teams to two TDs while Ben would score three playing sandlot football. However, Ben would get hurt.

So, the Rooneys determined that in order to keep Ben healthy and, thus, increase their chances of winning, they needed to get rid of Arians, because they felt he catered too much to Ben and what Ben wanted to do, which was take risks.

Tomlin didn't agree and Ben didn't agree. Tomlin publicly kept a civil tongue. Ben rebelled almost immediately. The Rooneys overruled both of them and brought in Haley. Haley's quick passing scheme, combined with the Rooney's desire to get back to running the football more successfully, made this an easy call for the Rooneys.

That's pretty much where the good parts stopped.

Their RBs can't stay healthy and when they were healthy they took turns fumbling last year. They've invested higher picks on the offensive line, but they can't stay healthy either. Ben's not happy. Tomlin can't be happy. Now, we find out that Brown wasn't happy either. I actually think the system fits him, but without Wallace their to draw attention from him, it'll be tough sledding. Although he has not looked bad and can also line up in the slot.
    That's pretty much what happened.

Them trying to say he "retired" was hilarious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember reading on the Steelers board that there was a strong sentiment to fire Arians similar to us and Cam.

Steelers should follow Cleveland and trade br, brown and tp for #1 draft picks for next year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember reading on the Steelers board that there was a strong sentiment to fire Arians similar to us and Cam.
    yes they all wanted him fired. I remember a Thursday night game at Cleveland where BR was sacked 6 or 7 times and Cribbs could not be stopped. They kept trying to pass instead of run and BR would get another sack. Their fans wanted him gone.

Now look at Arians, he's a rockstar. Heard Carson Palmer interview this week and he was bragging about how Arians doesn't try to fit you into his system, he tries to utilize the talent within the system.

I do hope Chicago beats them on a last second play :)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    There was, Pittsburgh fans felt that the Steelers offense was not versatile enough. It was all WR screens, deep passes and Heath Miller. Although we always saw Ben make clutch plays, they never really scored the amount of points you would expect.

The key difference is that Arians and Roethlisberger had a great relationship and if it wasn't for Ben and his style of play, they don't beat Arizona.

Whereas Cameron and Flacco did not have a great relationship.

But yes, both fan sentiments were eerily similar.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The key difference is that Arians and Roethlisberger had a great relationship
    I think the other key difference is that they were fucking money on 3rd down and in the 4th Q. In critical situations, you just could not get them off the field. How many late drives did Ben and Arians concoct against us, to steal games at the end? Drove me crazy.
    (The worst was the game in Baltimore, maybe this was 2008?, where Santonio Holmes supposedly broke the plane.)

That was the whole point of their offense: 3rd down and the 4th Q. Now they do nothing well.

Blog Entries

Steelers stink on both lines. But, will beat Chicago in front of 5000 or more no shows. Apathy has set in.

Blog Entries

No way Pittsburgh beats Chicago.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    No way Pittsburgh beats Chicago.
    I wouldn't be so sure. I think they have about the same chance as us beating Houston.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure. I think they have about the same chance as us beating Houston.
    I just a lot of mismatches there and Cutler seems to be clicking with their new TE Martellus Bennett. He was a huge signing for them.

I watched the Stewlers Bengals game and after the half the Steelers just looked downtrodden. They were playing uninspired football.

I think they don't believe they can win this year. They don't believe in Todd Haley and they are old and slow on defense.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.