Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Antonio Brown is not happy with Todd Haley.

I agree with the poster above that the biggest reason for the Steelers problems is their last 4 - 5 drafts. Defensively, Ziggy Hood, Cameron Hayward and Jason Worilds have not lived up to their potential. Their recently drafted LBs - Stevenson Sylvester, Chris Carter and Sean Spence have not panned out at all. And of their recent OL picks, Pouncey cannot stay healthy and both Gilbert and Adams have struggled mightily. That have hit with CB Cortez Allen, but Crezdon Bulter is with SD and they couldn't afford to keep Keenan Lewis. The did hit with WRs Brown, Sanders and Wallace but again Wallace is gone. While I think that their 2013 draft was solid, I don't see too many of them making an impact this season.

Steelers Draft History: http://www.drafthistory.com/teams/steelers.html

Blog Entries

Lewis. That's who it was. I have mistakenly been calling him Allen for a while. It was Lewis that they lost. The one CB you finally get to step up opposite Taylor and you can't afford to keep him.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    As far as Haley goes... that dude was a giant D-Bag from the start. We knew it when he was in Arizona and we saw it agin in KC. Now it's rearing it's ugly head in Pit. Players have hated that sniveling, snot nosed prick wherever he's gone...all around train wreck that follows him from team to team.
    "Doesn't play well with others" Am content to let the fires burn for a while.

Blog Entries

Is anyone ever happy with Haley? He might be the least popular coach in the NFL.

Blog Entries

shit us Ravens fans called this bad before the steelers where even considering bringing in Haley.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Steelers had a formula that worked. The Steelers defense would hold teams to two TDs while Ben would score three playing sandlot football. However, Ben would get hurt.

So, the Rooneys determined that in order to keep Ben healthy and, thus, increase their chances of winning, they needed to get rid of Arians, because they felt he catered too much to Ben and what Ben wanted to do, which was take risks.

Tomlin didn't agree and Ben didn't agree. Tomlin publicly kept a civil tongue. Ben rebelled almost immediately. The Rooneys overruled both of them and brought in Haley. Haley's quick passing scheme, combined with the Rooney's desire to get back to running the football more successfully, made this an easy call for the Rooneys.

That's pretty much where the good parts stopped.

Their RBs can't stay healthy and when they were healthy they took turns fumbling last year. They've invested higher picks on the offensive line, but they can't stay healthy either. Ben's not happy. Tomlin can't be happy. Now, we find out that Brown wasn't happy either. I actually think the system fits him, but without Wallace their to draw attention from him, it'll be tough sledding. Although he has not looked bad and can also line up in the slot.
    :word I think that was an excellent summary.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    :word I think that was an excellent summary.
    I think posters here undervalued the significance of Mike Wallace and the attention he garnered from a defense. Now, Brown is going to get that attention.

In a way, they did the same with Torrey Smith. As if Smith suddenly had to prove that he was the #1 WR on the team, whereas, all of last season, opposing defenses treated him like the top guy, doubling him constantly and the one time they didn't, the first half in Denver, he went off.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

To be honest from a person who didn't like the way Haley coached other teams, he doesn't really have anything to work with up there. For all that we note on the Ravens shortcomings on offense, they literally have zero talent aside from Ben and Antonio. No O-line, no RB, no TE depth, and ok WRs.

I blame the front office.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Steelers had a formula that worked. The Steelers defense would hold teams to two TDs while Ben would score three playing sandlot football. However, Ben would get hurt.

So, the Rooneys determined that in order to keep Ben healthy and, thus, increase their chances of winning, they needed to get rid of Arians, because they felt he catered too much to Ben and what Ben wanted to do, which was take risks.

Tomlin didn't agree and Ben didn't agree. Tomlin publicly kept a civil tongue. Ben rebelled almost immediately. The Rooneys overruled both of them and brought in Haley. Haley's quick passing scheme, combined with the Rooney's desire to get back to running the football more successfully, made this an easy call for the Rooneys.

That's pretty much where the good parts stopped.

Their RBs can't stay healthy and when they were healthy they took turns fumbling last year. They've invested higher picks on the offensive line, but they can't stay healthy either. Ben's not happy. Tomlin can't be happy. Now, we find out that Brown wasn't happy either. I actually think the system fits him, but without Wallace their to draw attention from him, it'll be tough sledding. Although he has not looked bad and can also line up in the slot.
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    To be honest from a person who didn't like the way Haley coached other teams, he doesn't really have anything to work with up there. For all that we note on the Ravens shortcomings on offense, they literally have zero talent aside from Ben and Antonio. No O-line, no RB, no TE depth, and ok WRs.

I blame the front office.
    Also true!

Blog Entries

Todd Haley will likely get fired and I wouldn't be surprised if pressure starts building for Mike Tomlin in the future.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Todd Haley will likely get fired and I wouldn't be surprised if pressure starts building for Mike Tomlin in the future.
    The Rooneys don't bow to public pressure when it comes to their head coaches. Cowher had a 3 year stretch in the late 90's where he didn't make the playoffs. There were all sorts of rumors about him going to the expansion Texans after he got fired. The ownership supported him the entire time. No matter what happens Tomlin is going to be back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Rooneys don't bow to public pressure when it comes to their head coaches. Cowher had a 3 year stretch in the late 90's where he didn't make the playoffs. There were all sorts of rumors about him going to the expansion Texans after he got fired. The ownership supported him the entire time. No matter what happens Tomlin is going to be back next year.
    I agree. It would take a Jacksonville Jaguars-esque season for the Rooneys to even begin considering firing Tomlin this year. He's safe for now.

Haley, however, has "scapegoat" written all over him.