Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 757677

Re: Game Thread Browns @ Ravens 9/15

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    Think next week is more of a barometer against the Texans.

Hard to tell much where the D truly stands out of a sample size of Denver away and Cleveland at home - both sides of the spectrum, really.
    Agree. Denver is explosive and Cleveland is putrid.

I'm glad the defense mostly looked good today (aside from its refusal to cover Bess) but it's the Browns. Let's keep our heads.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    Defense really turned a corner in this game I think. If they can keep it up we should be in every game. And if Joe has the ball and some time he usually comes through in those situations.
    I agree. This team is a work in progress. I love what the defense showed, and can see them getting even better. By midseason they will be very, very good. As Flacco continues to develop a rapport with the receiving corps, the offense will get better, too. I'm concerned about Rice's injury, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I was speaking in general. If you read the board today you will have seen quite a few statements that could justifiably be labeled as panic.
    That's fine - but then you should quote one of the statements that your post would actually apply to.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    That's fine - but then you should quote one of the statements that your post would actually apply to.
    How bout the "Time to hit the panic button" thread? Or when Lob turned the game off in disgust with 10 minutes left in the first. Or the multitude of posts that seemed to be were calling the game a loss before halftime.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

agreed on all points, although i will admit that the panic set in a little bit in the first half. everything i saw today points to a team that is (slowly) putting things together.

was qouting mickie-b's post, not sure why it didn't show up...f'k it, go ravens!

Blog Entries

I damn sure was in a panic. It's the BROWNS at home after 10 days of rest hanging up our SB banner! Should've beat them by at least 30.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Agree. Denver is explosive and Cleveland is putrid.

I'm glad the defense mostly looked good today (aside from its refusal to cover Bess) but it's the Browns. Let's keep our heads.
    The Browns do have some good pieces on their o line that Suggs and Co pretty much embarassed. We do have to clean up the coverage inside though. Bess and Cameron looked almost as good as Welker and Thomas this week.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    How bout the "Time to hit the panic button" thread? Or when Lob turned the game off in disgust with 10 minutes left in the first. Or the multitude of posts that seemed to be were calling the game a loss before halftime.
    Yep - those are all GREAT examples of posts that TerpsFan should have used instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    I damn sure was in a panic. It's the BROWNS at home after 10 days of rest hanging up our SB banner! Should've beat them by at least 30.
    i think your panic feeds off of your unrealistic expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    The Browns do have some good pieces on their o line that Suggs and Co pretty much embarassed. We do have to clean up the coverage inside though. Bess and Cameron looked almost as good as Welker and Thomas this week.
    Yes, the line did do a nice job.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh