Blog Entries

Playoffs or Not, Let's Appreciate Chris Davis' year

He just tied the club's single season HR record on 9/13. When Brady hit 50, he got #45 on 9/13. Very likely he's going to break that record for sure.

Also, he's one of just THREE players in history to have 50 HRs and 40 doubles in a season. Babe Ruth in 1921, and Albert Belle in 1995.

Clearly, without him, we're not even in contention this year.

Just been a blessing to watch this kind of record setting year, and know that he's young and has YEARS ahead of him here.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Playoffs or Not, Let's Appreciate Chris Davis' year

Agree. While we are at it, let's just appreciate the year in general. Not too long ago, the Orioles would have been long forgotten. I appreciate the fact that they are still playing meaningful games in mid-September.

I am sure a lot of people of stopped watching...the last few weeks have seen some absolutely brutal games, but the fact of the matter is that they are still right in the middle of a very compelling wild card chase...with the Rangers collapsing of late, there are now six teams within 4 games of each battling for the 2 WC spots.

The Orioles have not gone on a run all season....now would be a good time.