Blog Entries

Josh Freeman and the Bucs seem to be on the rocks

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...critical-mass/

Probably speculation, but I've been reading things for the better part of a year now indicating that Greg Schiano really isn't a huge fan of Freeman.

The Mike Glennon era could come sooner rather than later. If they are on the outs, they should really trade Freeman. I'm sure the Jets or Vikings would give up some good stuff for the guy.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Josh Freeman and the Bucs seem to be on the rocks

Schiano is a no nonsense guy. He's already proven that he doesn't care where you were drafted or what you are paid. If you don't perform he's going to bench or cut you. Freeman had that great year 2 and never really was able to get back to that spot again. I think he needs a change of scenery because he does have talent. Too bad the Jets weren't able to make him part of that Revis trade.

Glennon is interesting. He looks a lot like a very raw version of Joe Flacco. He was terrible in the preseason though so it's going to be a while before they know if he can really play or not.

Blog Entries

Freeman is just not good enough to get the job done. The Bucs offense runs through Doug Martin right now.

Blog Entries

It's funny that you mentioned the Jets Wicked. Rex's reasoning for choosing Sanchez over Freeman in the draft was Mark's ability to dissect an offense. Go figure.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

They were talking about it on Sirius this morning and said Freeman has a pattern of missing meetings, showing up late, generally not seeming like he's completely focused on winning (i.e. the anti - Manning).

When he didn't show up for the team pic and they had a team meeting before the very first week, you had to know things were not going well.

Sometimes the kid plays well and sometimes he looks horrible. I don't see this ending well, allegedly his relationship with Schiano was not good last year and certainly hasn't improved.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Now PFT is running with a story that Schiano said that Freeman "overslept" and missed the team pic, has used same excuse for missing other things.

Biggest train wreck of the year?

Jaguars
    Bucs
    Jets
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Now PFT is running with a story that Schiano said that Freeman "overslept" and missed the team pic, has used same excuse for missing other things.

Biggest train wreck of the year?

Jaguars
    Bucs
    Jets
    Now the recant to the recant http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-on-tardiness/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I never realized that Freeman had these issues. He always seemed like a cool hard working young guy to me. I can see why a mutiny is allegedly on the horizon. Even though Freeman is wrong, Schiano's way of making an example out of him isn't sitting well with the team.

The key issue is Freeman, if these reports are true. Flacco and Cameron had a bad relationship after a while, but you never heard of this sort of thing from Flacco.

Schiano seems to be trying to send messages without the clout to do so and the players aren't responding.

Harbaugh had more clout to begin with and still handled that meeting better. Then, after winning the Super Bowl, he gained even more clout and cleaned house the way he saw fit, but in a professional and discreet manner.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore