Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 118119120
Results 1,429 to 1,438 of 1438
    Blog Entries

Re: Game Thread -- Ravens @ Broncos -- 9/5/13

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Preaching to the choir. I was one of the few that hated the McClain signing and was routinely jumped on for not falling in line with it.

I heard all the BS "Raiders organization is responsible for players underachieving" crap...the only guy who blossomed after leaving Oakland was Randy Moss.

Huff not only can't cover, but looked like a absolute coward on that last Thomas TD. Not even Ed Reed did that and Ed had a legit excuse. He looks NOTHING like a Ravens type of player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Totally agree about Huff. Elam should be starting in place of Huff versus the Browns. I can live with rookie mistakes, but not with putrid play from veteran players.

Ravens are the first number, Broncos Second.

1st Downs 24 24

Passing 335 445

Comp - Att
    34-62 27-42

Yards per pass
    5.4 10.6

Interceptions thrown
    2 0

Sacks - Yards Lost
    4-27 3-17
    Rushing 58 65

Rushing Attempts
    21 23

Yards per rush
    2.8 2.8

Possession 33:48 26:12

Blog Entries

If Jacoby Jones, a guy I love but who has never been a consistent WR and is best used as a situational guy, is so important to this offense that the entire thing falls apart when he gets hurt, we are in more trouble than I think I realized.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    Huff, Clark, Dickson and Stokley are a waste of a roster space. The Ravens will be at a distinct disadvantage playing with 49 players when the other team has 53
    Stokley looked fine. The corner fade in the endzone could have been a TD had it been thrown outside. The deep seam was overthrown. The underneath routes were short and covered. And he made a good quick move to get a first down on the only play he had a chance to do anything.

Clark's ineptitude is also greatly exaggerated, though he didn't play that well, to be sure (getting bailed out on that fumble helped his cause). Dickson has always been iffy/streaky, not sure how he'll be all year. And even though it was one game, the mistakes were so egregious and numerous that I tend to agree about Huff.

5. Re: Game Thread -- Ravens @ Broncos -- 9/5/13

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    It is a totally legitimate "excuse." The defense did stop them, but when your offense is so shitty you can barely sit down before you are on the field again, at mile high, vs. no huddle, against the best offense in the league, eventually you will get gassed. Denver punted 7 times this game. We punted 9.

That said, the defense has issues for sure, namely at safety. That screen that went yard, one of the Welker rubs, and the early TE TDs were safety issues.

Graham will be fine, he was matched against basically the best slot guy in the league and the best (close enough not to argue) QB in the league and made some quick tackles after catches. Even the Caldwell and Thomas sideline TDs were semi-decent coverage just perfect throws.

I give the defense, all things considered a B-. I give the offense a generous C-. Special teams a D-. Coaching a D.
    Are you kidding... How about Graham & Smith cover someone so they can stop a drive. And Huff... WOW. I'll agree with you that defenses get gassed when the offense doesn't do shit but the defense keeps on stopping their opposing offense (ie. Hokies Defense vs. Bama Offense in last weeks game). But when your defense is a sieve and giving up TDs, its on you.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Are you kidding... How about Graham & Smith cover someone so they can stop a drive. And Huff... WOW. I'll agree with you that defenses get gassed when the offense doesn't do shit but the defense keeps on stopping their opposing offense (ie. Hokies Defense vs. Bama Offense in last weeks game). But when your defense is a sieve and giving up TDs, its on you.
    They punted 7 times. Two of the TDs came on like 20 yard fields after a pick and a blocked punt. And again, many of the completions (other than the handful where our safeties were clueless) were perfect throws to guys who had a single step on their man.

If our offense holds the ball longer, and Denver sees no short fields, they might score 21 points less. And Denver's offense is simply great.

And of course I am not arguing our defense was good. I am simply arguing that the only horrible aspect was the safety play. The corners played average at worst considering the circumstances (dead tired, facing perfect throws from great QB to very good WRs).

Agreed. This game was a case of whatever can go wrong will go wrong. I think we will look a lot better in most of the remaining games this year.

I'll also say this about Huff...if the plan for us is to have him play CB if one of our corners go down...not good.

May want to look for that 5th CB and also may want to look for a potential KR/PR too...woulda been nice to have Rainey...

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I'll also say this about Huff...if the plan for us is to have him play CB if one of our corners go down...not good.

May want to look for that 5th CB and also may want to look for a potential KR/PR too...woulda been nice to have Rainey...

Quit on huff already?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Quit on huff already?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    IMHO?

Yes...I personally don't think he's a good player.

And he displayed the one thing I think is a ticket to a permanent place on the bench and a ticket out of town...he chickened out on that last Thomas TD. That was a coward move.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.