Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast

Ray Lewis: ‘You cannot tell me’ Super Bowl blackout was an accident

http://nfl.si.com/2013/08/31/ray-lew...2_a5&eref=sihp

Interesting. I had thought the same thing, but I let it go cause the Ravens pulled it out. Thoughts?

Re: Ray Lewis: ‘You cannot tell me’ Super Bowl blackout was an accident

Disappointing. Hearing stuff like this from a player in his post-game interview after losing to an underhanded tactic, but having a guy like Ray talk about it months later after a win just seems petty on his part.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

I think it's just part of his "no weapon" spiel.

iggyman555 Guest

yea i think ray should of just left it alone especially that we won. mb he said it in a joking tone?

This again? And from Ray of all people? Never viewed him wearing a tin foil hat.

I hope he said it tongue and cheek. They know exactly why it happened and there was nothing underhanded about it.

Hanlon's Razor applies and is a lesson Ray needs to learn. Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Faulty equipment and incompetence led to the power going out, not some wild conspiracy.

Blog Entries

Ray is just saying out loud what 99.999% of us already believe. How is that petty?

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Ray is just saying out loud what 99.999% of us already believe. How is that petty?
    Check your math on that percentage, or go reread the threads when this first came up, no where close to 99% of fans believe this conspiracy nonsense.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Well, it's not like it's the first time it ever happened during a Niner game.
    Maybe the 49ers brought the California power grid with them to the game and things were dim on the field for them when the lights went out.

Then again, maybe it was NO getting even with the NFL for all those suspensions.
    NO is the voodoo capital of the Western Hemisphere.

Best thing for Bmore fans is that we couldn't watch Jim Harbaugh whine during
    the dark.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 09-01-2013 at 04:35 AM.

Ray Lewis: ‘You cannot tell me’ Super Bowl blackout was an accident

Hyperbole much? The tin foil hat brigade is in the vast minority on this. And if you bothered to do a simple Google search, you'd find the cause of the power outage has not only been discovered, but verified by TWO independent power consulting agencies.

If you really do believe that the NFL has the power to mess with a state and local governments ability to deliver power than I'm at a loss.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 09-01-2013 at 05:38 AM.

Blog Entries

Yeah, this just comes off sounding ridiculous. I mean, he said it in interviews for the America's Game program, so it's not like he's out on the street, preaching this to anyone who will listen...

But this kind of stuff coming up MONTHS later just reflects poorly on Ray. And it goes to further the stereotype that "the league has it out for Baltimore", which especially with the kickoff game being hosted in Denver is going to be in full swing from fans this year.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I never got the sense that most believed it was anything more than an accident. It made the NFL and the Superdome look really bad to the world. I just can't see how that is worth helping a team regroup.

On the other side there are still many 49ers fans, and the head coach, who think the Ravens won because of a non holding call. Many of them are also saying it's a conspiracy.

Blog Entries

Accident or not, it did give SF to re-group and figure out what to do and they almost
    won the game. It took the momentum away from the Ravens as they had to fight
    for their lives and the win after the break.