Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

An interesting comment from John Harbaugh

When asked about how Elvis and Suggs are working out, John Harbaugh said that Suggs looked better than he's ever seen him since he (Harbaugh) arrived.

Re: An interesting comment from John Harbaugh

Interesting how? Out at camp Suggs looked amazing.
    FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fcowher View Post
    Out at camp Suggs looked amazing.
    Exactly. Still, 5 years is a long time, and the fact that Suggs has looked better than he has during the past 5 years is a very interesting assessment. (For example...one way of looking at it is this: since the one factor that's different is Dumervil, what does it say about the previous players who played opposite Suggs? Or...maybe Harbaugh's just using a little motivation tool.)

Coach speak. He's just being positive. Coaches say stuff like this all the time in camp/preseason. Even in the regular season. I hope he's looking better than ever, but I wouldn't put much stock in Harbs saying so a week before we've played real football.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    5 years is a long time, and the fact that Suggs has looked better than he has during the past 5 years is a very interesting assessment. (For example...one way of looking at it is this: since the one factor that's different is Dumervil, what does it say about the previous players who played opposite Suggs? Or...maybe Harbaugh's just using a little motivation tool.)
    The Dumervil (and Canty & Daryl Smith) signing are factors: less of a fire lit under Suggsy than the fact that opposing OLs aren't gonna be able to stop/neutralize everybody on the Ravens' D all day long. Let's don't forget vs.some years past, he's actually on the field from game 1 on. That is lookin' good from where I sit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    The Dumervil (and Canty & Daryl Smith) signing are factors: less of a fire lit under Suggsy than the fact that opposing OLs aren't gonna be able to stop/neutralize everybody on the Ravens' D all day long. Let's don't forget vs.some years past, he's actually on the field from game 1 on. That is lookin' good from where I sit.
    That's really how I saw it -- as a ringing endorsement of the entire line and its ability to get after the QB, yet couched in a simple statement about Suggs. I think it also sends a message heading into Denver.

Blog Entries

Harbaugh saw Suggs win DPOY a couple of years ago. Tho say he looks even better is high praise.

Blog Entries

when suggs showed up at TC the way he did, he set the tone and put the league on notice... hes back and pissed.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Harbaugh saw Suggs win DPOY a couple of years ago. Tho say he looks even better is high praise.
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    when suggs showed up at TC the way he did, he set the tone and put the league on notice... hes back and pissed.
    All he's heard the past several months are how much trouble the Ravens are in because Ed and Ray are gone. I'd be pissed too.

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    All he's heard the past several months are how much trouble the Ravens are in because Ed and Ray are gone. I'd be pissed too.
    Precisely. Now it's time for Suggs to take command and make this HIS defense. I know we discuss his HOF credentials from time to time, and up to this point I feel he's on the outside looking in; but if he can win DPOY again and one more SB, I think he's back in the conversation for the HOF.

Blog Entries

With the cap hit and money owed Suggs for 2014, I would imagine he is looking at 2013 as a contract year. Couple that with the extra motivation of coming off a disappointing, injury riddled season last year, and we just might see Suggs a his absolute best in 2013. He has a lot of pride. Remember his down year in 2009? He only came back stronger than ever in 2010 culminating in DPOY in 2011. 2008 was his last contract season and he killed it that year. Plus this could end up being the best D-line he has played on.

In the words of Bart Scott..."can't wait!!!"