Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Any news about Deonte's injury?

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    What do we realistically expect him to bring to the team when he returns? And that's not meant to be a rhetorical type of diss at him but actually just a legitimate question.
    I expect him to be faster than Stokely. Maybe he can get open and present a better target for Joe. I don't expect him to catch as well as Stokely. Who knows... but, it is what it is. If he is the future, then better to get the reps now than starting next year.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    What do we realistically expect him to bring to the team when he returns? And that's not meant to be a rhetorical type of diss at him but actually just a legitimate question.
    I share the same questions. Any player who gets their own thread must be highly thought of. Other than a good preseason performance (last year) I'm not seeing the potential here. Guess time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post

I expect him to be faster than Stokely. Maybe he can get open and present a better target for Joe. I don't expect him to catch as well as Stokely. Who knows... but, it is what it is. If he is the future, then better to get the reps now than starting next year.
    It'd be nice he turned out to be pur Victor Cruz...that super fast slot receiver who runs excellent routes and has the speed to line up outside as well in 3 wide sets

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I share the same questions. Any player who gets their own thread must be highly thought of. Other than a good preseason performance (last year) I'm not seeing the potential here. Guess time will tell.
    Bisciotti was talking Deonte up on Sirius in the preseason. When the owner is excited for a player who hasn't really done anything in the NFL it tells you something. The guys Steve trusts are high on Deonte which is good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Bisciotti was talking Deonte up on Sirius in the preseason. When the owner is excited for a player who hasn't really done anything in the NFL it tells you something. The guys Steve trusts are high on Deonte which is good enough for me.
    Okay I didn't know that. I was out of the country during the entire preseason so that would explain:)

Blog Entries

Over the summer they were talking about him being the #2 WR going into the season. "They" being the coaches, etc.

Now of course, there have been many rave reviews of the work of Tandon Doss in the past as well..,.

But they were saying Deonte's hands and route running had really improved and of course with his crazy speed they were thinking they might have a playmaker on their hands. That was, as best I can remember, the basis for the excitement. Yet to be seen of course, but they were planning on /hoping for him being a significant part of the offense.

Blog Entries

The coaches are seeing these guys everyday in practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The one thing we don't know is if he will catch the ball when the bullets are flying. We've seen it before; great practice player, and then in the game, can't catch.

Hopefully this is not the case with Deonte, but we've had our hearts broken too many times for me to get particularly jacked about him at this point.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Deonte returned to practice on a limited basis today.
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...c-690ad5c2c1cd

As per Ravens website.

Blog Entries

You can expect Thompson to be worked in slowly. He might start off with Kick Return duties, along with limited snaps in the slot. Ideally, you want him to grow into a role where he shares snaps from the slot with Stokely, and eventually takes the majority of them.

If he proves himself good enough, the Ravens could have something unique on their hands, because that would mean he and Brown would be capable of playing inside and out. With Torrey running a larger variety of routes this year and with good success, Caldwell could really do some mixing and matching.

However, that sort of thing takes a great deal of cohesiveness and it would take a lot of games to get that sort of thing going strong enough.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    ...that super fast slot receiver who runs excellent routes and has the speed to line up outside as well in 3 wide sets
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    But they were saying Deonte's hands and route running had really improved and of course with his crazy speed they were thinking they might have a playmaker on their hands. That was, as best I can remember, the basis for the excitement. Yet to be seen of course, but they were planning on /hoping for him being a significant part of the offense.
    My limited excitement about Thompson is based on the above, plus the Annapolis practice. I know - a practice. But, I saw Thompson consistently find those soft spots in the underneath zone, and Joe (they had him running with the 1s) was finding him, too. He also seemed prepared after catching the ball to make at least the first DB to get to him whiff. He looked like he had a much better idea of what he was doing than when I saw him last summer, like he'd come to understand that speed isn't the only way to get open.

Of course, this was an intra-squad practice. But, with the injuries and the AARP club, I'm willing to see the kid in a game.

If Deonte lives up to the hype the team was giving him in training camp, the thing that excites me is having a second receiver who can break it deep. With Torrey running more possession type routes and Jacoby out, nobody is pushing the safeties deep. I'm betting that CBs are getting deep help with Torry this year, so having a second speedster increases the chances that one of them will be straight man-on-man.