Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Any news about Deonte's injury?

Last I heard was that they were going to review his progress after the Panthers game. I really want to see him back in that competition - I think he could be end up being the #2 if he gets some playing time....

Re: Any news about Deonte's injury?

Last report said IR was a possibility.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Last report said IR was a possibility.
    Yep

Ryan Chell ‏@RyanChell87 25 Aug
    Harbaugh said they will re-evaluate WR Deonte Thompson and his sprained ankle/foot on Monday. "IR" word has been thrown out there.

This has NOT been reported, but I think it must be a high ankle sprain. I do believe I read somewhere recently he is still in a walking boot and having trouble. A simple ankle sprain would not have you in a boot 2 weeks later.

If it is a high ankle sprain it could be still a month or more. If he's going to miss that much time, I think they would likely just IR him and go forward with what they have. He's likely already missed too much time to be a real factor at WR this year.

It has been reported as a sprained foot, not ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    It has been reported as a sprained foot, not ankle.
    No, it's been called both.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

What do we realistically expect him to bring to the team when he returns? And that's not meant to be a rhetorical type of diss at him but actually just a legitimate question.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    What do we realistically expect him to bring to the team when he returns? And that's not meant to be a rhetorical type of diss at him but actually just a legitimate question.
    I expect him to be faster than Stokely. Maybe he can get open and present a better target for Joe. I don't expect him to catch as well as Stokely. Who knows... but, it is what it is. If he is the future, then better to get the reps now than starting next year.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    I share the same questions. Any player who gets their own thread must be highly thought of. Other than a good preseason performance (last year) I'm not seeing the potential here. Guess time will tell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I share the same questions. Any player who gets their own thread must be highly thought of. Other than a good preseason performance (last year) I'm not seeing the potential here. Guess time will tell.
    Bisciotti was talking Deonte up on Sirius in the preseason. When the owner is excited for a player who hasn't really done anything in the NFL it tells you something. The guys Steve trusts are high on Deonte which is good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Bisciotti was talking Deonte up on Sirius in the preseason. When the owner is excited for a player who hasn't really done anything in the NFL it tells you something. The guys Steve trusts are high on Deonte which is good enough for me.
    Okay I didn't know that. I was out of the country during the entire preseason so that would explain:)

Blog Entries

Over the summer they were talking about him being the #2 WR going into the season. "They" being the coaches, etc.

Now of course, there have been many rave reviews of the work of Tandon Doss in the past as well..,.

But they were saying Deonte's hands and route running had really improved and of course with his crazy speed they were thinking they might have a playmaker on their hands. That was, as best I can remember, the basis for the excitement. Yet to be seen of course, but they were planning on /hoping for him being a significant part of the offense.