Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hamilton IR question

How long is he exposed to other teams before he clears and is on our IR

Re: Hamilton IR question

He's not exposed. He's on our IR.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

I thought he had to be exposed to waivers or something similar first

I'm guessing the original report misstated this issue.

I don't think Hamilton (not a vested vet - under 4 years) could go directly to the IR. He would have to be "waived" (injured) to do that. I doubt that the Ravens did this - I would be willing to bet that someone would pick him up if that were the case.

I would be willing to bet that Hamilton is still counting against the 75 (or will count against it when they get down to it) and that he will be "IR'd" on the final cutdown date (Saturday I think) when the team gets down to the final 53 and they can IR anybody who qualifies (even non-vested Vets)

ty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    I'm guessing the original report misstated this issue.

I don't think Hamilton (not a vested vet - under 4 years) could go directly to the IR. He would have to be "waived" (injured) to do that. I doubt that the Ravens did this - I would be willing to bet that someone would pick him up if that were the case.

I would be willing to bet that Hamilton is still counting against the 75 (or will count against it when they get down to it) and that he will be "IR'd" on the final cutdown date (Saturday I think) when the team gets down to the final 53 and they can IR anybody who qualifies (even non-vested Vets)
    No, I think he's exposed to waivers right now. Waivers are processed once a day, in the afternoon. I'd imagine either this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon, we'll hear that he cleared waivers

He was definitely placed on the IR list and his roster spot is currently freed up.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Ravens news says he is now on IR
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...6-ffdd8d864687

http://inagist.com/all/371665394353709056/
    The Ravens have plans for Adrian Hamilton in the future, but wrist surgery ends his season.
    as per Aaron Wilson

No idea how this worked, but apparently he has had wrist surgety and he is on IR
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Placed on IR means waived-injured and if no one claims him, he'll revert to IR.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Placed on IR means waived-injured and if no one claims him, he'll revert to IR.
    K, TY.... didn't realize the use of the word placed implied something a little different than put or moved to IR.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    K, TY.... didn't realize the use of the word placed implied something a little different than put or moved to IR.
    Not sure if you are being facetious or just didn't know what their site was saying...

The Ravens placed him on the IR list. By doing so, if he had more than 4 years of service, he'd immediately go on the list and that's that. Because he has less than 4 years of service, the actual process is that he's waived with the injury designation. After passing through waivers, he automatically reverts to IR and is safe. I think if the team didn't want to keep him on IR after this, they could then choose to work out an injury settlement (if someone picked him up off waivers, his salary would be assumed by that team).

True, they COULD choose to carry him until the final cutdown and THEN put him on IR without having to pass him through waivers. But, you would waste a roster spot on a player who can't do anything.

Hint, this is one reason why Pitta hasn't been put on IR yet.

What puzzles me is the concept that it "saves" a roster space for FIVE days (between Tuesday and the final cutdown date of Saturday - when they could move him to IR without having to expose him to waivers). I can't conceive that using a roster space for five days is worth the chance of losing a player that you would prefer not to lose. Maybe I'm just overvaluing Hamilton's potential and his importance to the team (and the team's future).

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Not sure if you are being facetious or just didn't know what their site was saying...

The Ravens placed him on the IR list. By doing so, if he had more than 4 years of service, he'd immediately go on the list and that's that. Because he has less than 4 years of service, the actual process is that he's waived with the injury designation. After passing through waivers, he automatically reverts to IR and is safe. I think if the team didn't want to keep him on IR after this, they could then choose to work out an injury settlement (if someone picked him up off waivers, his salary would be assumed by that team).

True, they COULD choose to carry him until the final cutdown and THEN put him on IR without having to pass him through waivers. But, you would waste a roster spot on a player who can't do anything.

Hint, this is one reason why Pitta hasn't been put on IR yet.
    Last edited by Loyola; 08-26-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    What puzzles me is the concept that it "saves" a roster space for FIVE days (between Tuesday and the final cutdown date of Friday - when they could move him to IR without having to expose him to waivers). I can't conceive that using a roster space for five days is worth the chance of losing a player that you would prefer not to lose. Maybe I'm just overvaluing Hamilton's importance to the team (and the team's future).
    Since the Ravens were willing to take the chance to expose him to waivers and no team thought he was worth claiming then most of us are overvaluing Hamilton. I thought he looked good in the time he played this preseason and wouldn't have taken that chance. That's why we all talk NFL personnel but aren't paid to do it.