Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another og?

Another og?

It's become apparent that when Marshall leaves the field things go wrong quick. With the extra room created by Ozzie with the David Reed trade as much as I would love to see a reputable WR, I'm leaning toward the idea of getting a reputable OG. Does anyone think the same and who would you get?

Re: Another og?

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    It's become apparent that when Marshall leaves the field things go wrong quick. With the extra room created by Ozzie with the David Reed trade as much as I would love to see a reputable WR, I'm leaning toward the idea of getting a reputable OG. Does anyone think the same and who would you get?
    Would not shock me at all...perhaps someone that Juan Castillo has worked with before. That said, the Ravens don't give up on 3rd round picks quickly and that's what Reid is.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

And who that someone is has me scratching my head. I'd bet the house that Ozzie knows.

Blog Entries

also worth noting, B-moreRavor chimed in about the "savings" from the Reed trade. Basically about 35k dollars. So, yeah, not rolling in the money here, we're still tight up on the cap.

The sad reality is, unless a stalwart vet gets cut for a younger guy on another team, we're not going to find much better than Reid to throw out there. You'd have to trade something of real value to get a better player.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Just a dream, but would love to see Oher move to G, replaced by Wagner. Are there ANY other candidates on the current squad?

Blog Entries

The reality is that Jah Reid is playing out of position to begin with. He was drafted as a RT prospect, but it seems he's been everything except that since joining the team.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I'm interested in seeing how Jensen does next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Would not surprise me especially if a decent prospect gets cut or is in line to be cut. Lots of horse trading this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    just a dream, but would love to see oher move to g, replaced by wagner. Are there any other candidates on the current squad?
    that's a damn good idea.

Blog Entries

Jah Reid is a backup...he's not that good but he is about what you get in a backup. I don't know that you get a better player without paying more money, money that we don't have to spend on a backup G.

Why are we concerned about Yanda missing time? Only once in his career has he missed significant time. He's going to be out there...this is not a concern of mine at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Jah Reid is a backup...he's not that good but he is about what you get in a backup. I don't know that you get a better player without paying more money, money that we don't have to spend on a backup G.

Why are we concerned about Yanda missing time? Only once in his career has he missed significant time. He's going to be out there...this is not a concern of mine at all.
    I got two tickets for a voyage on this unsinkable ship I'd like to sell you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I got two tickets for a voyage on this unsinkable ship I'd like to sell you.
    With a path clear of icebergs might I add...
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore