Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlon Brown

Blog Entries

Re: Marlon Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I like how he works the middle (not scared), the sidelines, and goes up for balls.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I like how he works the middle (not scared), the sidelines, and goes up for balls.
    I'm not expert on receivers, but his routes looked really smooth last night. One example was an out pattern he was running, the ball was out from Flacco before Brown broke. Then, as soon as Brown looked for the ball it was there. He just looked really fluid and smooth running routes. I'd love to have the all-22, but they don't have it for preseason.

Marlon Jones (if he stays healthy) will be the #2 WR by week 8.

Much like my 8-8 thread.... bank on it. ;)

Blog Entries

Glad to see everyone's converted :happyanim

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Glad to see everyone's converted :happyanim
    Did you always think Brown had the edge over Mellette?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    Did you always think Brown had the edge over Mellette?
    It was more about knowing his background and him being somewhat of a local guy for me. As starved as the fans are for any WR to step up, I understand why Mellette got early props but I do believe Brown has more instinct and upside. In a perfect scenario, they both make it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Marlon Jones (if he stays healthy) will be the #2 WR by week 8.

Much like my 8-8 thread.... bank on it. ;)
    Probably. But only if he can beat out Jacoby Brown by then. ;)

Blog Entries

I thought that both looked good last night. It's not quite time for Jacoby Jones to panic, but he has to understand that his upside is nowhere what Brown or Mellette bring to the table. The team is already talking about monitoring Jacoby Jones' snaps at WR. Brown and Mellette are both candidates to get those extra snaps. If they start to impress in the slightest during the regular season, Jones should begin to get nervous, because he's not going to get 4 million plus on the open market next off-season.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It was more about knowing his background and him being somewhat of a local guy for me. As starved as the fans are for any WR to step up, I understand why Mellette got early props but I do believe Brown has more instinct and upside. In a perfect scenario, they both make it.
    Good call. If they both make it the Ravens could be set for a few years without breaking the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I thought that both looked good last night. It's not quite time for Jacoby Jones to panic, but he has to understand that his upside is nowhere what Brown or Mellette bring to the table. The team is already talking about monitoring Jacoby Jones' snaps at WR. Brown and Mellette are both candidates to get those extra snaps. If they start to impress in the slightest during the regular season, Jones should begin to get nervous, because he's not going to get 4 million plus on the open market next off-season.
    I already think Jones is gone after this year due to our budget crunch and the fact that he is an UFA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    Good call. If they both make it the Ravens could be set for a few years without breaking the bank.
    Yeah plus I have a couple friends who are Georgia alum and go to every game (literally). They have given me a lot of info on Brown; he just got hurt and then couldn't get back into a strong spot there. Hopefully he's healthy and no more injuries

Brown's catch was pretty, thats for sure.
    Way Down South in New Orleans