Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 64656667 LastLast

Re: Game Thread: Preseason Week 3 Panthers vs Ravens

Defense looks decent, cam missing throws helped. Manning won't miss much. Flacco needs to have faith and pump fake, Kuechley shadowed Flacco all night, that's why he was around the ball so much. Joe needs to stop trying to put the throw in tight windows. If you look at the greats, they all had high rate of interceptions though. Shame the 2nd string defense couldn't get the ball back at the 4 minute mark, I'm sure the offense would have scored again.. How is the hit on Tyrod not helmet to helmet?. It was clearly shown on replay. Always nice to watch the Ravens, shame about the turnovers. Without the defense and ST scoring, Carolina hasn't much in the way of offense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

What's a salary cap? Is that like a hat or something that salaried players get?

You are missing my point (purposefully it seems).

The Ravens are ok with letting experience go in lieu of younger players.
    It's a hat that each player donates some spare change in the locker room, how did you not know that? I heard you can get some pretty good players with this hat.

3. Re: Game Thread: Preseason Week 3 Panthers vs Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    I guess even ESPN is in preseason right now!
    No ESPN is just terrible...period.

It's only pre-season; the games don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    It's a hat that each player donates some spare change in the locker room, how did you not know that? I heard you can get some pretty good players with this hat.
    gotta get me one of them hats!

Heard Harbs mic'd up on ESPN during practice - he seems pretty chill.

Putting a little perspective into this loss.

The Ravens gave up 100 passing yards to Carolina and we lost by 7 points

The Patriots gave up 330 passing yards to Detroit (and lost 40-9)

Out mistakes are correctible for the most part. New England has a real big hole in their defensive boat and Billicheat doesn't have a big enough pump to fix it.

From what I saw, we moved the ball ok...better than the previous games, but were killed by terrible turnovers.

Impressed by Brown as was everybody else.

Defense was terrific although Carolina's receivers are terrible and dropped passes.

I'm done with Doss. I know it's not fair to him because its not his fault, but I am tired of hearing his name and seeing his number on the field. I'll be glad when he's gone and I don't have to hear people trying to tell me that all he needs are regular season snaps. Went through the same thing last year with people trying to tell me we didn't need Jacoby because we had David Reed.

Nice game from Shiancoe...not so much from Clark.

Really glad we signed Stokley...he reminds me of a poor mans Derrick Mason. We didn't really have a chance to utilize him right with the cast of characters we had at QB on his last go round...nice to see him with a real QB here.

That stretch run play just isn't working...our guards seem to always have a problem letting the DT's cross their face and tackle our backs in the backfield.

Yanda makes a huge difference.

Hope Tyrod is ok because he will be getting a ton of work next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

The Ravens offensive line without Yanda is terrible. Osemele is better than he looked tonight, but that Carolina rookie looks like he is going to make a lot of guards and centers look bad.

Carolinas D , particularly that front 7 is for real.

Blog Entries

You know who flat out stinks is Jah Reid. Ravens dominated except for flukey plays and turnovers. Joes only mistake was the pick to Keuchky. I dont think people realize how fast he is. Rainey continues to impress. Arthur Jones might be best lineman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    You know who flat out stinks is Jah Reid. Ravens dominated except for flukey plays and turnovers. Joes only mistake was the pick to Keuchky. I dont think people realize how fast he is. Rainey continues to impress. Arthur Jones might be best lineman.
    Jah Reid leaves a lot to be desired.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I have concerns now about whether Clark is still capable of contributing or not. He did not look good, no separation and was dropping balls. Maybe some of that is rust and having only been here a week, or maybe that is why he was out there as a FA this far into camp, hard to say.

Shiancoe looked good. Seemed like he's finally in sync with the offense and has his legs back, made a couple nice catches.