Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ESPN Mag article on Joe

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9564047/baltimore-ravens-qb-joe-flacco-anything-average-espn-magazine

A very enjoyable article from Kevin van Valkenburg. Should tide you over until kick off later.

Referring to halftime of the AFCG...

The coach marched into the locker room and straight to the leaders of Baltimore's defense, players with big personalities and bigger egos, some future inhabitants of the Hall of Fame. Harbaugh did not need their permission for what he was about to do, but he did want Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and Terrell Suggs to hear it from him first.

"Here is the deal! All second half, we're cutting loose on offense. We're going to spread them out, run no-huddle, attack on every play. I'm putting the ball in Joe's hands. He's going to win the game for us. Let's go!"

The defense erupted in approval. Harbaugh then shared the news with the offense, and the energy inside the locker room surged even more—Flacco's teammates had been waiting for this moment too.
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Re: ESPN Mag article on Joe

Thanks for the link.

If that does not jack you up for the season than I do not know what will. I got goosebumps reading that. I enjoy how it mentions in a way flacco's supporting cast.

The man always has had moving parts around him and he makes it work.

Quote Originally Posted by ctulb View Post
    "Here is the deal! All second half, we're cutting loose on offense. We're going to spread them out, run no-huddle, attack on every play. I'm putting the ball in Joe's hands. He's going to win the game for us. Let's go!"
    Recall that the Ravens were only down 6 pts. at half.

Anyone think that Cameron would have made that mid-game adjustment?

Blog Entries

If this doesn't get you excited, nothing will. Fantastic article. It was basically a slap in the face to all of these "analysts" out there who hate on Joe.

The biggest impediment to Joe's future induction into the NFL Hall of Fame was removed in December of 2012 - and everyone on this board knows who that was.

Thanks for the link. Great article and it is nice to see Joe getting a little love from the press...
    Everybody's talkin' at me; I don't hear a word they're saying; Only the echoes of my mind

I'm going where the sun keeps shining; Thru' the pouring rain; Going where the weather suits my clothes

Banking off of the North East winds; Sailing on a summer breeze; And skipping over the ocean like a stone

Fantastic read. Thanks for bringing it.

Easily the best article I have read on ESPN.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    Easily the best article I have read on ESPN.
    Had the exact same thought. Hard to believe that such a well-written, insightful article could have the letters "ESPN" on the by-line. It's as unexpected as Cam Cameron calling a slant...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ctulb View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9564047/baltimore-ravens-qb-joe-flacco-anything-average-espn-magazine

A very enjoyable article from Kevin van Valkenburg. Should tide you over until kick off later.

Shit man I'm ready to go hit somebody.

Blog Entries

Just heard Rich Gannon say he played golf with Joe a few weeks back. He said he's super competitive and so even keel that nothing bothers him. I think we knew that on the football field but was kind of interesting to hear it about his golf game too.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Had the exact same thought. Hard to believe that such a well-written, insightful article could have the letters "ESPN" on the by-line. It's as unexpected as Cam Cameron calling a slant...
    Always enjoyed KVV's articles. The fact he was at the Sun previously IIRC just makes it even more incredible
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"