Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Pittsburgh/Giants observation

According to Merill Hodge they will win the division.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    "Great report on the enemy." Make sure you forward my post to the Harbaugh, he will appreciate it. Make sure you give me credit.

"Got Tebowed." Into memes are you? They should be embarrassed over that. They should have won that one. But "should have" does not count. I forgot the Ravens don't lose games, silly me.

And what do your remarks have do with my post? Two years ago, what? Very odd reply to my post.
    Man, I try to say something nice and you get offended. Even you said that shouldn't
    have happened. Yea, the Ravens lose games but never got embarrassed in
    Denver, not even by Manning and now we're the champs. Your secondary sucked when it got Tebowed and last year too, so I was just asking about now.

Geesh.

Sorry, I misinterpreted your reply. Text does not accurately reflect meaning.

Anyway, the Steelers I believe had just about the best secondary in the league last year. The problem was they just did not force turnovers. They could cover receivers, but interceptions and turnovers were very rare. And Tebow did throw for impressive yards two years ago, but the majority of those yards were on two or three throws. For whatever reason, it was his day. He earned it.

And yes, the Ravens are the champs. I take nothing from that. Just miscommunication, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Man, I try to say something nice and you get offended. Even you said that shouldn't
    have happened. Yea, the Ravens lose games but never got embarrassed in
    Denver, not even by Manning and now we're the champs. Your secondary sucked when it got Tebowed and last year too, so I was just asking about now.

Geesh.

Blog Entries

Yea, just like Namath vs us in SB 3. Jets have never been back-lol. We have all those
    trophies from two different teams.

You kept it close in two games vs us last year w/o Ben and beat us with Charlie Batch
    for crying out loud.

No prob man, and please keep posting, especially during the season.

We need info from enemy territory and we'll provide the same to you.

We also keep hearing that Woodly has slowed down and the fans won't miss
    Harrison who was slow with injuries last couple of years.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-12-2013 at 12:10 AM.

Blog Entries

The Packers offense got shut out against the Cardinals last week. No one thinks they're terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    (Actually, if I was a Steeler fan, I would be more concerned about a lot of other things - mostly my mental condition and lack of ability to properly function in civilization in general.)
    This could be said about most football fans everywhere.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Packers offense got shut out against the Cardinals last week. No one thinks they're terrible.
    Which is hilarious.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Woodley was a tub of goo last year. Which lead to speculation about his dedication and even was the reason for his injuries. This year he seems to be in much better shape (as are a few others who have been letting themselves slide) and the hope is he can be more productive. I am not convinced Harrison will be missed too much. At least I hope not. I do look forward to watching him play for the Bengals. He was injured quite a bit over the last few years too. There is hope Jones can fill a linebacker spot as rookie. That will be a tall order in the AFC North. His first game had some highs and lows so hopefully he will develop.

And yes, those two games last year were crazy. I am convinced that no matter who they put in to play, the score will be close. I hears as stat last year that compiled he scores of all the games, and the total point difference was something like 3 points. And that was out of hundreds of points! Many of the other stats were incredibly close as well. Very rarely is there a blowout. I think the last one was two years ago when the Ravens won 35-7 or something like that.

Honestly, I don't like when they play the Ravens. I hate losing. I get sooooo nervous. I don't hold anything against them, it just drives me nuts. I am not a fanatic or anything, but it feels much worse to lose against the Ravens than when they win. Weird, I know. They always, always, always, play the hardest game against Steelers. One thing is for sure, when those two get on the field we get our money's worth! Like em' or hate em!'

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Yea, just like Namath vs us in SB 3. Jets have never been back-lol. We have all those
    trophies from two different teams.

You kept it close in two games vs us last year w/o Ben and beat us with Charlie Batch
    for crying out loud.

No prob man, and please keep posting, especially during the season.

We need info from enemy territory and we'll provide the same to you.

We also keep hearing that Woodly has slowed down and the fans won't miss
    Harrison who was slow with injuries last couple of years.

Blog Entries

Here is why I think the reactions about the Steelers O-line are accurate:

They were shitty last year and I think got worse.
    Mike Adams who was a revolving door at right tackle has moved to left.
    Marcus Gilbert, sucks.
    Ramon Foster plays like he's wearing cement cleats.
    Pouncey is overrated, way overrated. He's better than average, but not b much.
    And Decastro, is basically still a rookie, so who knows about him.

Blog Entries

Yea, but like Complex said, they have a new RB similar to Rice's running style and they changed the blocking schemes to accomodate him. Like he said, they will be running a lot but we beefed up our run game with Canty who was great in Tampa, Doom, Spears, Brandon
    Williams and we still have Nagata, ARt Jones and McPhee and Suggs plus Arthur Brown who will be faster than Ray was last year.

Thanks Complex. Sounds like Woodly was your McKinnie last year-lol. Everyone
    brings their A game vs us especially your guys and the Bungals no matter how bad
    they are they can always beat us. I'm always the same as you during the games. I
    tape the games and watch it later if we win. My heart can't take it when we lose. You gota love our division.

The Steelers have bad timing on getting the running game going. Last year we were vulnerable to the run, this year it looks like a strength. It'll be tough sledding.
    it feels much worse to lose against the Ravens than when they win.
    Good rivalry, I hate losing to the Steelers as much. Someone isn't going to be happy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Here is why I think the reactions about the Steelers O-line are accurate:

They were shitty last year and I think got worse.
    Mike Adams who was a revolving door at right tackle has moved to left.
    Marcus Gilbert, sucks.
    Ramon Foster plays like he's wearing cement cleats.
    Pouncey is overrated, way overrated. He's better than average, but not b much.
    And Decastro, is basically still a rookie, so who knows about him.
    granted it was a year ago, but decastro wasnt playing very well then either. Adams at LT is never a good scenario, not even if due to injury. to start him as your best just seems like to scream how dire that OL actually is. I can however be persuaded to believe theyll be a decent Run blocking team. however its still a passing league so even if theyre run heavy compared to other teams, i still think itll be to their detriment.
    -JAB