Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Observations

Blog Entries

Re: Observations

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Matt Elam came up and laid a good hit on Peyton Hillis (along with Asa Jackson a while later).
    he looked like he dinged his shoulder after that play too. grimaced in pain a little. Hillis is a big boy, so probably nothing serious for Elam. But his shoulder did take some impact there.

Also I'm pretty sure Ricky Wagner had a really solid game in pass pro at LT (didn't may much attention too run blocking).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Jacoby had chance after chance in HOU to seize a #2 role and failed to do so. He was cut. And we were one of the few teams that wanted him (I think us and Carolina?).

The only value he has is returns and as a burner in deep packages. Kind of a 2 trick pony.

He lacks expected WR traits like hands and route running. And with Caldwell seemingly using the middle of the field more, I don't trust Jacoby to succeed in that area either.

If he is our #2 I think our passing game struggles. Not drafting a WR until rd 7 seems a little silly now.
    Outside of Tavon Austin, most of the receivers in this past draft class were kind of "blah" IMO. I liked Deandre Hopkins the most as well as Robert Woods and a few others, but outside of two or three of them not one receiver has been overly impressive in camp.

Even if they had drafted a receiver in the mid rounds they would probably be in the same spot.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Also I'm pretty sure Ricky Wagner had a really solid game in pass pro at LT (didn't may much attention too run blocking).
    Well that's good.

How awesome would it be if Wagner ended up being a pretty good LT? He has the size.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

he looked like he dinged his shoulder after that play too. grimaced in pain a little. Hillis is a big boy, so probably nothing serious for Elam. But his shoulder did take some impact there.
    Which is why I do slightly worry about his health long term.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well that's good.

How awesome would it be if Wagner ended up being a pretty good LT? He has the size.
    I was very surprised at how big he looked at the Annapolis practice.
    Never "saw" him as big at Wisconsin.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Which is why I do slightly worry about his health long term.
    He'll learn...better technique and timing.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    I don't remember seeing a whole lot of McClellan - what unit was he running with?
    He was in on the short TD run. Both him and Simon got trucked on that play.

Simon went the aggressive route, but got bent by the RT (IIRC), while McClellan was "stuck in read" mode and got steamrolled pretty much where he stood, instead of filling the hole.

@BigPlayReceiver

Maybe Joe thought he had Dmase still out there running the comeback. There was no finer receiver than Mason running the comeback.

Wish there was a better opportunity for Bobby Rainey to see playing time during the regular season. We are lucky to have a legit #2 in the #3 spot.

Tyrod will get a chance to start for someone after his contract is up. With the current love for the read option, he has to look good to someone. For once in the last few years, I am not as worried if Joe goes down.

Laquan Williams looks like he might be a contributor this year. Could you imagine Torrey, Laquan and Matt F on the field at once? How often would you see 3 players in skills positions all from the same school on the field at the same time?
    Facebook -> Craig.Ciurca
    Twitter -> @papa_ciurca
    Instagram -> @papa_ciurca

Jacoby had chance after chance in HOU to seize a #2 role and failed to do so. He was cut. And we were one of the few teams that wanted him (I think us and Carolina?).

The only value he has is returns and as a burner in deep packages. Kind of a 2 trick pony.

He lacks expected WR traits like hands and route running. And with Caldwell seemingly using the middle of the field more, I don't trust Jacoby to succeed in that area either.

If he is our #2 I think our passing game struggles. Not drafting a WR until rd 7 seems a little silly now.
    I agree that he is not a true #2 but unless one of these young receivers can step up and lay claim to it we may have to settle. The one thing that will help these young receivers is that we have a QB that can put the ball where it needs to be. If Brady, Manning, Rodgers can take no name receivers and make them house hold names so can Flacco. Let's see who steps up and really wants to play football, it's there for the taking.

I agree about Jacoby, but that last sentence I don't. No reason to panic yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I agree about Jacoby, but that last sentence I don't. No reason to panic yet.
    Simon/Juice seem like they could turn out but I thought one of our 4th rounders would be a WR for sure.