Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Top d bags from Baltimore sports history

Phelps is far and away the worst.

C-Mac was by far the nicest athlete/celebrity I have ever met. The guy gave a cab driver 100 bucks to take me and a friend of mine home one night.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltwater_Rider View Post
    I also think Jim Palmer is a d bag, and can't stand him on Baltimore Orioles broadcasts.
    You take that back!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OriAl View Post
    Anything can happen in a short series (or a single NFL postseason game.)

In the 1969 Series, they couldn't hit Mets' pitchers. In 1979, Eddie Murray went 1for his last 21, or thereabouts, and the rest of the offense withered with him (two runs in the last three games, all losses.)
    True but the Metz had great pitching in that series like pitcher Tom Seaver won a major-league-leading 25 games en route to his first Cy Young Award; the other two top Mets starting pitchers, Jerry Koosman and rookie Gary Gentry, combined to win 30 more games.

But there was also the series vs the Pirates when Earl had 4 (20) game winners and couldn't
    win it. He had a lead in the series and only needed 1 more win for the trophy and blew it.

Earl was arguing with the umps and said I'm the only one here going to the HOF and the
    ump said what for Earl, for f*cking up all those series? ILMAO.

Yea, Palmer can be conceited as hell on those telecasts but he's great at explaining the
    plays.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-03-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Blog Entries

During the dark days of the Orioles, they (briefly) had a guy on the team by the name of Steve Kline. During his first week with the team, he not only threw his teammates under the bus publicly but also trashed the Orioles fan base as being bad fans. I think that tells you all you need to know.

Blog Entries

LOL - He had a point about the O's fan base.

NOtice how filled the stadium is now that they're winning again. Not even the Yankee and
    REd Sox fans take over the stadium like they used to. It was mostly if not totally
    empty during the dark days. When DC got a team I said Bmore would support its
    own team w/o anyone from there as long as they won.

They won't let us sing on FRi nights,until the O's game is over around 10 because the joint is filled of O's fans watching the game and they don't want to be disturbed. For the previous 8 years I sang on Fri nights there was absolutely no one watching Os on TV and the singing
    started at 9. Now you can't get close to the bar before 10.

Hell, even during the glory years they never sold the place out and I could walk up to
    the window and get tickets behind home plate for $10 each for the first game of the playoffs
    and Palmer was pitching. Same was with the world series. I've been to every series played
    in Bmore going back to the first one in 66 and saw Palmer become the youngest pitcher
    to pitch a complete game shutout in the world series just 9 days before his 21st
    birthday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_World_Series

We can put O's fans on the d-bag list-lol.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-04-2013 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    LOL - He had a point about the O's fan base.

NOtice how filled the stadium is now that they're winning again. Not even the Yankee and
    REd Sox fans take over the stadium like they used to. It was mostly if not totally
    empty during the dark days. When DC got a team I said Bmore would support its
    own team w/o anyone from there as long as they won.

They won't let us sing on FRi nights,until the O's game is over around 10 because the joint is filled of O's fans watching the game and they don't want to be disturbed. For the previous 8 years I sang on Fri nights there was absolutely no one watching Os on TV and the singing
    started at 9. Now you can't get close to the bar before 10.

Hell, even during the glory years they never sold the place out and I could walk up to
    the window and get tickets behind home plate for $10 each for the first game of the playoffs
    and Palmer was pitching. Same was with the world series. I've been to every series played
    in Bmore going back to the first one in 66 and saw Palmer become the youngest pitcher
    to pitch a complete game shutout in the world series just 9 days before his 21st
    birthday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_World_Series

We can put O's fans on the d-bag list-lol.
    I guess since you put 'LOL' at the end of it, I won't take it seriously. The sports landscape was much different in the sixties. And 14 years of losing will crush any fan base. If the Ravens win 4 games this year, and don't win more than 8 again until 2027, I'm gonna bet we'd be seeing some blacked-out games and cheap PSL's around here.

The Orioles managed to maintain their attendance pretty well through most of their stretch of being one of the worst teams in pro sports. They were above league average until 2006, the year after the Nationals split the market in half. It only took one season of the Red Sox not making the playoffs for those front-runners to break their sellout streak and disappear from Camden Yards.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Scott Erikson was a tool - but not the sharpest in the shed.

How can we forget when John Dutton gave the one finger salute (not saying we are # 1 either) to the fans of Baltimore as he was leaving the field. That has to rank in the top 10.

We can also include Aubrey Huff for calling Baltimore a "horseshit town." Of course, he was only kidding. Jackass.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Earl Monroe really trashed Baltimore when he forced his trade to the Knicks.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    The NFL - for putting the Ravens and O's in a all lose situation!
    How was this the NFL's fault, the baseball schedule was determined LONG before the Ravens won the Super Bowl? Unless you are suggesting it be moved to Wednesday and the NFL balked. Maybe NBC didn't like the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    suggesting it be moved to Wednesday and the NFL balked. Maybe NBC didn't like the idea.
    Not only was this the NFL's fault, but Goodell should have been drawn & quartered and Robert Kraft thrown out of the league! The Yom Kipper excuse was pure unadulterated bullshit. An excuse in order to screw us. The Ravens game should have been moved to Wednesday night ... period.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).