Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Party Houses

Re: Party Houses

Quote Originally Posted by packfntk View Post
    Dang, that looks hood. Can't wait!

HAHA, this looks exactly like an area that our cab driver dropped us off in Pittsburgh. Ahhhh, great times.
    We ain't in Kansas anymore Toto. Hope you have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    We ain't in Kansas anymore Toto. Hope you have a good time.
    Ah, we always manage to handle ourselves. We were in the strait ghetto in ATL at one point too.

Thanks HR, I popped on that site right after I posted this thread. I guess I really can't find what I want. Our hotel isn't too bad priced and is right where we want to be so maybe I will just stick with it.

It's done in Annapolis for June Week a.k.a. Commissioning Week. My sister rents out her house for about $3,000. I heard that there are some overflow rental houses in Severna Park on up to the Baltimore area. The only other time I heard of this practice in this area was for Inauguration in DC. And it was done in New Orleans for Super Bowl. Even if you were to find a rental house in Baltimore, chances are slim that it would be in an area close to entertainment or touristy spots.

My advice: don't waste your time on trying to find a party house. Stay at the Convention Center Hilton by the baseball stadium or one of the hotels along the harbor, where you can relatively safely walk to most places where you would want to go, or otherwise cheap cab rides or water taxis.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    My advice: don't waste your time on trying to find a party house. Stay at the Convention Center Hilton by the baseball stadium or one of the hotels along the harbor, where you can relatively safely walk to most places where you would want to go, or otherwise cheap cab rides or water taxis.
    Yep, that is what I am doing. Does M&T do stadium tours? I can't seem to find any info on it.

Yep, that is what I am doing. Does M&T do stadium tours? I can't seem to find any info on it.
    Nope. No tours.

Though you can get in the field prior to the game. I'm not sure the exact process but I know it's possible.

They will provide tours for groups of 20 or more. PM me for details as to who to contact.

Better than a stadium tour: the Maryland Sports Legend Museum at Camden Yards. Every sports fan in America should visit there; in many ways it is the American Sports Mecca, with exhibits on Babe Ruth, Johnny Unitas, the "Greatest Game ever Played", Frank & Brooks Robinson, lacrosse, and, of course, the Ravens. If you catch the time right, our Ravens Band leader John Ziemann sometimes volunteers at the museum and may be coaxed into providing a personal tour. If you are not familiar with him, check out Barry Levinson's "The Band that Wouldn't Die", which was the first show in ESPN's 30 x 30 series:

In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Only for special occassions I think. I mentioned before i went on the tour of your stadium and saw the museum inside Lambeau and it was great brother. Similar to your museum, we have one called Sports legends. It is in a classic railroad station building near the front gate of Oriole Park, a few blocks from M&T. Well worth it.

Now I have a serious question about the Party houses in GB. If I'm standing next to Curley's statue on the front steps of Lambeau, just across the street are a couple of houses fully decked out in Packers motif. One of them has a front wall of glass and you can see a huge Lombardi Trophy inside the house in the foyer. Is that a full time private residence or is that one of your "Party Houses"?
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    Now I have a serious question about the Party houses in GB. If I'm standing next to Curley's statue on the front steps of Lambeau, just across the street are a couple of houses fully decked out in Packers motif. One of them has a front wall of glass and you can see a huge Lombardi Trophy inside the house in the foyer. Is that a full time private residence or is that one of your "Party Houses"?
    The house you are talking about is Packer fan from Atlanta that bought the house for when he comes to GB for games. They have a rooftop party every game where they tailgate. It is incredible. All glass is glazed with Packer emblems, everything is Packer from floor to ceiling.

Modest homes line Lombardi Avenue adjacent to Lambeau Field, Home of the Green Bay Packers, but one residence recently became a mecca of sorts to one Packer fan famiy and their growing list of friends. An Atlanta businessman purchased a home directly across from the front of newly renovated stadium and turned it into the ultimate Packer fan dream home. The view from the remodeled rear of the home would be like a mountain vista for a nature lover, but in this case the floor to ceiling view is of Lambeau field and on game day the atmosphere is electric, with fans tailgating and the roar of the stadium crowd cleary audible from the roof top deck.

The owner of the home purchased the property, then hired a builder to completely gut the interior and transform it into the ultimate pre-game party house with a fantastic view of the stadium. The garage was transformed into a party deck and a large “G” was etched into the patio concrete.

Inside, the house features a big screen TV, pool table in a large open area that lets in the majestic view of the hallowed stadium and the scene of tailgaters and fans gathering before the big game. It’s one giant party with a front row seat.

The owner says the house was “Designed by men, for men”, he said ”It is specifically to enjoy game day and the days leading up to game day.”, and there’s no worry about missing the big play when taking your bathroom break, since the mens room is equipped with it’s own urinal complete with an overhead TV screen and includes the perfect target with the Packer Fans favorite chant “The Bears Still Suck” strategically enameled into the fixture.

Born and raised a Packer fan in Milwaukee, the owner and his family will travel to Green Bay on weekends when the Packers play at home and open up their home to friends and relatives.

They plan to use this vacation house about as much as most other people use their lakeside homes.”I’m not doing this as an investment or for any kind of commercial or financial benefit” said the owner. “This is truly a spot that we’ve picked to enjoy the Packer atmosphere.” The owner hopes his dream home doesn’t start a trend though, in which other homes in the neighborhood are sold and turned into party houses.”If somebody wants to sell out to somebody as moronic as I am, that’s fine, but I just like the neighbors, like the people here,” said the owner. “I welcome all of them to come over and have a beer with me on Packer day and get to know each other a little bit.” Safe to say a new era in tailgating along Lombardi Avenue kicks off on Sunday. “It’s the hallowed grounds and to be so close is pretty special”.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...-rwW78vF6iaemd

The party houses I was referring to are scattered throughout neighborhoods surrounding Lambeau that are investment properties. They literally rent them out to people who come from out of town and want a house rather than a hotel.

I mentioned this on the other thread weeks ago, but want to remind you again. The Baltimore Running Festival is on Saturday, October 12th, so M&T Bank Stadium (and your hotel) is ground zero for the marathon. If you plan on staying downtown, you will be walking on Saturday until after 3pm because the streets will be blocked off and you won't be driving anywhere. There are plenty of things in walking distance of that hotel, but you probably should plan accordingly.

http://www.thebaltimoremarathon.com

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I mentioned this on the other thread weeks ago, but want to remind you again. The Baltimore Running Festival is on Saturday, October 12th, so M&T Bank Stadium (and your hotel) is ground zero for the marathon. If you plan on staying downtown, you will be walking on Saturday until after 3pm because the streets will be blocked off and you won't be driving anywhere. There are plenty of things in walking distance of that hotel, but you probably should plan accordingly.

http://www.thebaltimoremarathon.com
    Yep, we have that noted! Saturday will suck because Thursday we are pulling an all day drinker and watching football and night. Probably log a 15 hour shift of drinks and food. Friday will also be a late night. Saturday we usually take easy and watch some college football.

Man I need this trip, and I need football!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    watch out for OMAR
    Do you know no heart Anthony?