Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: “Now, we’ll find out if little Johnny can coach.”

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think this was being discussed in the Training Camp thread.

However, this is a good opportunity to say "Fuck Mike Preston".

Seriously, fuck that guy.
    Agreed, if it was said it was probably Rex, but it is also something sounds like something Preston may make up. Preston likes to have his stuff wind up on Twitter or national stuff so he is not above that.

I read through the article and thought it was pretty dead-on. People seem to just get pissed at Preston because of his sarcasm and the fact he sometimes delivers truths that people don't want to hear. Yeah, he's gone over the top in the past and gives in to his biases a bit too easily, but overall he's good entertainment.

If he quoted it, it probably happened. And as he keeps up communications with ex-Ravens (J Lewis, McCrary) it's not a great leap to assume it was Rex who said it.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Who are we kiddin, it was Rex. He's the only one stupid enough to say something like that. I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and never had any personal animosity towards him with respect to the time he spent here working to make the Ravens better. But I'm done with that idiot. I hope they go 0-16 and they make him suffer through all 16 games and then shitcan him on Black Monday. Then he can spout off like his brother did about being unemployed for 5 minutes while he waits for a month with no offers. Screw him. I am so so glad that Bish went with Harbaugh and brought professionalism to this team. Rex is a clown who's team's are a circus.
    I wish you would stop being politically correct and just tell us how you really feel.:) I have been saying it for years, Rex is his old man. Buddy was a class 1 asshole, but the dude could coach some defense. Same with Rex. The problem with the whole Ryan clan is that what pleasures them the most is killing them. Their mouth!
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    Agreed, if it was said it was probably Rex, but it is also something sounds like something Preston may make up. Preston likes to have his stuff wind up on Twitter or national stuff so he is not above that.
    Preston's been taking shots about Harbaugh's overly disciplined style, his doghouse, etc. while he keeps beating his made-up drum about now its Harbaughs team. He can't have it both ways. It wasn't Harbaugh's team 5 years ago when he told McAllister to take a hike? That sent a message a new sheriff was in town. I like Lewis and Reed as much as anyone, but Preston's crediting them with being somehow as influential as a HC. I don't buy it. And if not 100% his team that first year, damn sure was after Rex left.

It might have been a stupid, flip comment from someone like Kubiak or Fox. I doubt it. I can't imagine Tomlin or Lewis would say something like that. Their teams may be (for different reasons) loathesome, but they have both been pretty classy.

My guess is it's Rex. After all, it's someone who would talk to Preston, right? Tied for a distant second are Kubiak & Fox.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    I read through the article and thought it was pretty dead-on. People seem to just get pissed at Preston because of his sarcasm and the fact he sometimes delivers truths that people don't want to hear. Yeah, he's gone over the top in the past and gives in to his biases a bit too easily, but overall he's good entertainment.

If he quoted it, it probably happened. And as he keeps up communications with ex-Ravens (J Lewis, McCrary) it's not a great leap to assume it was Rex who said it.
    BS, people don't like Preston not BECAUSE he tells the truth, it's because he rarely does. He's the kind of guy who puts out a bunch of conjecture and throws it against the wall and see's what sticks. Every once in a while he gets it right, well la dee frikin da. The guys is, alwys was, and always will be nothing more than a hack.
    Last edited by HKusp; 07-25-2013 at 11:08 AM.

I will go with the least likely suspect. John Harbaugh himself trying to see how much of a rise he can get out of the Ravens fan base.

No offense, but do you even realize how ridiculous that sounds? Have you listened to Harbaugh at all for the last 5 years?
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    No offense, but do you even realize how ridiculous that sounds? Have you listened to Harbaugh at all for the last 5 years?
    No offense, but do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

I think we have another under bridge dweller in our midsts.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    I think we have another under bridge dweller in our midsts.
    Chris McAlister posts here?

I am also wondering if it was taken out of context. I can see someone like Marvin Lewis or Bill Belichick saying it in the context of "You guys in the media never give us credit...I guess now you will find out if little Johnny can coach."

Or it could just be Rex being a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Preston's been taking shots about Harbaugh's overly disciplined style, his doghouse, etc. while he keeps beating his made-up drum about now its Harbaughs team. He can't have it both ways. It wasn't Harbaugh's team 5 years ago when he told McAllister to take a hike? That sent a message a new sheriff was in town. I like Lewis and Reed as much as anyone, but Preston's crediting them with being somehow as influential as a HC.
    I still remember 2010, after Harbaugh gave the Steelers their 3rd straight loss and both teams sat at 6-5. Tomlin said he was going to "unleash hell" and Preston gushed: "Now this is how a real coach talks" referring back to Harbaugh's "mighty men" speech.

Guess which coach (real or not) was sitting on the couch after week 17?