Page 7 of 88 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Sounds more like Rex to me. Sour grapes and all that.
    :word

Definitely something "About to be fired" Rex would say.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    Ray Lewis didn't coach this team. Funny, I don't remember making the playoffs every year before John got here.
    Ding. Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a winner!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    :word

Definitely something "About to be fired" Rex would say.
    Not only that--what other "AFC head coach" would be talking to the Sad Sack of Krispy Kreme Krumbz from Baltimore? Let alone saying something that stoopid?

Not that I put it past Donut Boy to make shit up. He only keeps his job by stirring the chamberpot to generate page views--one reason I stay well away from the Blight-For-All site these days.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    This is related to training camp and is an interesting quote:

On the day when former Ravens great Ray Lewis announced his retirement last season, one AFC head coach said: "Now, we'll find out if little Johnny can coach."

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...#ixzz2ZoeDVWFl

Preston still has contact with Uncle Marvin. I wonder if he's the AFC coach?
    That's what I was thinking but Ray didn't have Flacco throwing all those years before much less Torrey and Jacoby to throw to.
    He had, um, Boller and even HARBs brother plus Banks and Wright and Stoney Case. Nuff said.

To HARBs credit, he was the one calling all them blitzes at the end of the SB. He said he
    remembered the Philly game where they came back and Vick running it in. See here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Sajwqh7m8

He told his D-Coord he didn't want K running it in at the end of game. He also remembered thats how Piss beat us all those times like with TP sneaking up and past Oher for the sack and the win at the end of the game.

Great coaching in SB but not even his pal Andy Reid could have f*cked up that game
    with all the talent Ozzie fed him. HARBs blew that huge lead in the second half and still won.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-23-2013 at 01:48 PM.

OT but word out of Dolphins Camp is that Ellerbe is doing well, good for him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Most of us understand it well enough to give him a wide berth. Even a tarted-up letter opener can mess you up good if it's stuck in the right (i.e., wrong) place. :p
    Excuse me? Tarted up?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Some Tweets from earlier

Baltimore Ravens ‏
    Lardarius Webb, Haloti Ngata, Terrence Cody, Albert McClellan and Ed Dickson are all participating in today's practice
    Baltimore Ravens ‏
    Lardarius Webb is leading the young DBs through individual drills during practice.
    Baltimore Ravens ‏
    Rookie LB Arthur Brown was also back on the practice field today and he's full-go after sports hernia surgery.

Baltimore Ravens ‏
    Lardarius Webb and Haloti Ngata were both back at practice and Harbaugh said they're 100 percent.

Baltimore Ravens ‏
    Harbaugh said that he expects Jacoby Jones to pass the conditioning test on his second time.
    Aaron Wilson
    Matt elam said he dropped eight pounds over the summer to get quicker

Aaron Wilson
    Matt elam says he feels like 'I know everything about the language of a contract' said he gained lot of knowledge doing deal without agent
    Aaron Wilson
    Joe flacco 'we expect to win'

Aaron Wilson ‏
    Joe flacco 'we're not going to apologize for thinking we're a good football team'
    Hell Yeah!!

Blog Entries

I sense a little Johnny Cage in Joe Flacco's words.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I love Flacco's swagger.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Flacco in action

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/video...5-bb20bda78e39

Couple of nice plays to Juice (a swing toss?)

Furstenburg makes a couple of REALLY nice catches with guys stuck on him.

FWIW --- spoke with a Ravens media guy at Dick's Sat Night for a few minutes --- I asked who he thinks replaces Q and he mentioned Flacco likes to throw and is getting comfortable with Deonte Thompson ? I assumed T Doss would have the edge but will be interesting to see if Thompson has a head start.

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    FWIW --- spoke with a Ravens media guy at Dick's Sat Night for a few minutes --- I asked who he thinks replaces Q and he mentioned Flacco likes to throw and is getting comfortable with Deonte Thompson ? I assumed T Doss would have the edge but will be interesting to see if Thompson has a head start.
    Last season when Sirius XM did there camp tour everyone was raving about Deonte at the Ravens camp.
    Flacco especially was very high on him as a rookie and I expect he will get plenty of chances to start this camp. Hell the team tried to get him on the field early last season as a returner.

I think that a combination of Dickson and Thompson should help the loss of Q.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold