Page 21 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SeeBass View Post
    my guess is that there is a good chance McKinnie does not make it to the regular season with the Ravens. How many times do you need to be kicked in the nuts before you figure out that it hurts?
    Less than 5% chance this happens. We keep the line from the playoffs last year, I can't see us not advance to the AFC Champ. game.

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

hard to see fat Bryant staying healthy all year. He was fresh last year and motivated because he was playing for the next contract and by my guess he has no financial reserves. Last year he dogged it in practice until near the end of the season. If he doesn't work hard to get the weight off and practice hard then he will be in the exact same spot he was last year, which is asked to take less money or be cut.

Blog Entries

my guess is that there is a good chance McKinnie does not make it to the regular season with the Ravens. How many times do you need to be kicked in the nuts before you figure out that it hurts?
    Yea, no.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

People are acting like McKinnie is some huge slob who again didn't take working out seriously again.

You can look at the guy and see a significant difference from how he looked in the playoffs, to now.

Harbaugh praised the guy all offseason for his dedication and constant presence at the facility this offseason.

You could even tell in his voice that while Harbs is disappointed, there isn't the disgust like there was last year.

Mac worked hard this offseason and that's apparent to everybody who has seen him...
    He just has a little more work to do and it won't take long to get there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

hard to see fat Bryant staying healthy all year. He was fresh last year and motivated because he was playing for the next contract and by my guess he has no financial reserves. Last year he dogged it in practice until near the end of the season. If he doesn't work hard to get the weight off and practice hard then he will be in the exact same spot he was last year, which is asked to take less money or be cut.
    Haha wow, blown out of proportion to the max. 10 pounds over and you're talking about cutting our only proven starting LT? DON'T think so
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

People are making a mountain out of a molehill. McKinnie will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    People are making a mountain out of a molehill. McKinnie will be fine.
    This is as overblown as JJones failing his conditioning test.

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Haha wow, blown out of proportion to the max. 10 pounds over and you're talking about cutting our only proven starting LT? DON'T think so
    Ummm, yup! 6'8" and 350ish.
    He might just have to take a dump, I mean, really...that probably might get him halfway there AND he would instantly be faster.
    HURRY!!! Somebody get him a half pot of coffee and a newpaper!!!!

Aside from a few naysayers, there is a lot of positive news on McKinnie to believe he's dedicated to this season. Take a deep breath and count to 10 backwards or something like that. The consensus view is everything for now is fine.

Last year Suggs tore his achilles, Webb messed up his ACL and there were many other injuries that are real problems. Nothing else to talk about this year other than a couple of players carrying around a few extra pounds. I'm happy that the only issues aren't really issues.

Blog Entries

Haters gotta hate.

You have to be especially careful with the big guys playing themselves into shape in high summer--anyone remember Korey Stringer?

What MD Boy said--though it'll probably take Big Mac longer to hit target weight than Jacoby to pass the test. But not all that much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Aside from a few naysayers, there is a lot of positive news on McKinnie to believe he's dedicated to this season. Take a deep breath and count to 10 backwards or something like that. The consensus view is everything for now is fine.
    Agreed. I'm pumped for big Mac. Hell if he portects Joe I'll buy him a big mac myself
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

iggyman555 Guest

Ravens 247
    UPDATE: Bryant McKinnie is back on the practice field.