Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Anyone been notified they won the drawing for training camp?

Less than twenty-four hours until our trip to the Castle to watch the Super Bowl Champs practice. Might as well spend the night in the Mall parking lot- there will be no sleep!

I got a email about the scrimmage at Stevenson. Don't remember how many tickets you can get. I put in for the max ( 2 or 4 ). Anyone remember how many they allowed?? I don't want to say anything to my boys until I know for sure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    I got a email about the scrimmage at Stevenson. Don't remember how many tickets you can get. I put in for the max ( 2 or 4 ). Anyone remember how many they allowed?? I don't want to say anything to my boys until I know for sure.
    it would've been 4. only thing with a max of 2 might've been the America's Game premier.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

August 2 -- Owings Mills
    Aug 4th -- Annapolis
    Aug 11th -- downtown Baltimore

me + many kids

See ya there!!!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Got a full denial letter last night. Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    August 2 -- Owings Mills
    Aug 4th -- Annapolis
    Aug 11th -- downtown Baltimore

me + many kids

See ya there!!!

I will be at the Facility on August 2 as well. I will look for you!

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    So did I.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I will be at the Facility on August 2 as well. I will look for you!
    I should be easy to spot: wearing purple.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

I have not received a letter yet so I still have a little hope

Same "we so solly!" email in my inbox.

I'm guessing I used up my lifetime allotment of Ravens Random Drawing mojo last year, when I won the right to buy 2 additional 500s for the Indy playoff/Ray send-off. Made a little bit reselling those, no doubt thereby further besmirching my karma concerning such matters.

Has anyone heard if they are going to be doing this again this season?

I sure hope so because it's the only way I'll ever get to go to training camp now.

It just kills me to hear on the radio about all the stuff going on at Skins Training Camp for all the fans. I completely understand the reasoning behind moving the camp to Owings Mills, but I still think it was the WORST decision that the team has EVER made. I hope that one day they will come to their senses and move Training Camp back to somewhere fans can attend. There are things to be gained by having Training Camp away from the regular facilities that pays dividends in the regular season. But most of those things can only be realized if the players, ALL of the players, have to stay together, on site, and not be able to go home to their families and friends every night.

Chris
    crowtoo@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by crowtoo View Post
    I hope that one day they will come to their senses and move Training Camp back to somewhere fans can attend.
    crowtoo@gmail.com
    Huh? If the prior years' pattern repeats, this summer there will be three training camps held in large stadiums, open to all Ravens fans: Baltimore County, Baltimore City, and Annapolis. Total attendance should be around 50,000 - 60,000, with about 60,000 - 70,000 empty seats at Annapolis & Baltimore (the Stevenson site will be a "sell-out"). There should be plenty of room; therefore your "somewhere fans can attend" statement is not correct.

If what you intended was that you preferred the Westminster location to the current three: to each his own. However, while those from the Westminster area may regret losing the proximity to training camp, keep in mind that those of us not from Carroll County had to endure a long drive to visit camp for 15 years.

I like things just the way they are. The football stadiums are comfortable, parking is easy, plenty of restrooms and concessions. Westminster was inadequate -- great pancakes downtown, however!