Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

How can the league not like the Ravens?

They are an organization modeled the way the league would want all of their organizations modeled. Ray Lewis is gone and the cloud of Atlanta is gone with him (Even though Ray was still very marketable near the end of his career). The Super Bowl winning QB is now the face of the franchise and he is as professional away from the field as they come.

Meanwhile, New England's got one TE under investigation, another that is too much of a meathead to get out of his own way. Then, you've got a whiny lunatic coaching the 49ers, who is now being threatened by Seahawks players, the Seahawks or which being busted for PEDs at an alarming rate.

Matt Ryan and his Falcons have already lost two home playoff games, as the #1 seed no less.

Jerry Jones makes a fool of himself every other time he opens his mouth.

I mean....why wouldn't the league like the Ravens?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: How can the league not like the Ravens?

Cuz Billick is an arrogant...wait...ummm....

Dilfer is no Johnny Unitas and let me tell you...wait...errr...

Ed Reed has gray hair and he...wait...he's gone now...

Ummmm....Well Ray, no one outside of Baltimore likes Ray and....wait...errr...

Joe was going to be put on the cover of GQ, but his Uni...ummm...come to think of it...

Ray Rice, he's a nice guy, and helps kids...YEAH!!! Ray Rice, so why, WHY don't they LIKE THE RAVENS???!!!!!

WHAT THE HECK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    They are an organization modeled the way the league would want all of their organizations modeled. Ray Lewis is gone and the cloud of Atlanta is gone with him (Even though Ray was still very marketable near the end of his career). The Super Bowl winning QB is now the face of the franchise and he is as professional away from the field as they come.

Meanwhile, New England's got one TE under investigation, another that is too much of a meathead to get out of his own way. Then, you've got a whiny lunatic coaching the 49ers, who is now being threatened by Seahawks players, the Seahawks or which being busted for PEDs at an alarming rate.

Matt Ryan and his Falcons have already lost two home playoff games, as the #1 seed no less.

Jerry Jones makes a fool of himself every other time he opens his mouth.

I mean....why wouldn't the league like the Ravens?
    Excel you know the answer........small market, defensive oriented team with a boring pedestrian QB. They are also the main rival of one of the National teams (Stealers) and emerging main rival of another National team with the untouchable QB and god as the HC (Pats).

This doesn't even mention that we are still viewed as the old Browns who ripped the hearts out of the best fans in the world in the Brownies faithful.

Face it this is a league that had more love and support (see his HOF induction) for a low character, law suit threatening (and winning) degenerate than they did for a genuine nice guy who gave the league its vision of possibilities in Art Modell.

Honestly I only care because this franchise doesn't get its just due and I know that when times get tough we are going to be pissed on and dismissed as if we are the Jags.

Oh well.

Blog Entries

Ray and Ed brought that US vs THE WORLD mentality from the U and it always worked
    for the Ravens currently the top franchise in the NFL heading into its 6th straight playoff
    which no team has recently done and with 2 Lombardies to boot.

Let em keep hating us.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-24-2013 at 03:13 PM.

It is better to be feared than liked.

And whether they admit it or not, a lot of teams fear the Ravens as a team that can beat them on any day, in any stadium, in any weather.

I have no problem being the "unwashed". Every time the NFL favors the opposition I relish the underdog role and remember that we were to build a museum. This was not the demographics they wanted and not part of the "fertile markets". The Ravens crashed their party.

The Organization is solid and is not going away.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    It is better to be feared than liked.

And whether they admit it or not, a lot of teams fear the Ravens as a team that can beat them on any day, in any stadium, in any weather.
    Agreed. There was a poster either on this board or the scout board that always had a great sig line quote from Caligula: oderint dum metuant which translates into, "Let them hate, so long as they fear."

I think we need T-Shirts!

Blog Entries

We're the DUKE of football.

People hate us because we're so gooooooood.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    I have no problem being the "unwashed". Every time the NFL favors the opposition I relish the underdog role and remember that we were to build a museum. This was not the demographics they wanted and not part of the "fertile markets". The Ravens crashed their party.

The Organization is solid and is not going away.
    We crashed their fuckin party and drank all their liqour. Salty ass NFL can go fuck themselves. We are the Kings of the North and we're here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Ray and Ed brought that US vs THE WORLD mentality from the U and it always worked
    for the Ravens currently the top franchise in the NFL heading into its 6th straight playoff
    which no team has recently done and with 2 Lombardies to boot.

Let em keep hating us.
    The Colts made nine straight playoff appearances just last decade ('02-'10). That's pretty recent.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Ravens currently the top franchise in the NFL heading into its 6th straight playoff
    which no team has recently done and with 2 Lombardies to boot
    Patriots have made it 9 of the last 10 seasons and have 2 Lombardies to boot

Blog Entries

The Baltimore Ravens hold the longest active consecutive playoff streak with 5 appearances, starting with the 2008–09 NFL playoffs. ... The Patriots hold the record for most consecutive playoff games won and they had to rig their score board to get
    that. ILMAO

The key phrase is "longest active consecutive playoff streak" soon to be 6th.

So we're the top current franchise with the recent trophy and they hate us.
    That is the point but if you don't think so than fine.