Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Virulent Racism in the Democratic Party

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    I'll just let this paragraph from the article I posted in the other thread do the talking. In the meantime, HR and Kistler, enjoy your echo chamber. It seems comfy, if anything.

It seems like it has become a monthly occurrence that an elected Republican either forwards some horrible racist chain email about President Obama or makes some horrible racist off-the-cuff remark. (For a few examples of this from the past year, see here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.)
    Here is what I do not think you are quite getting:

I don't deny that their is racism in some parts of the Republican party. When they were in power, they abused the rights of many, not just those of the "people of color".

What I find humorous, is your naive belief that the current party in power, the Democrats, are all full of goodness and light and spend their every waking minute of every day freeing the oppressed.

I got 500,000 (mostly minority by the way) prisoners incarcerated on minor drug offenses (mostly weed), and several hundred "detainees" in Guantanamo (who we are not sure exactly for what they are detained because they never get their day in court) and several hundred Middle Eastern children that have been freed from their right to breath air by indiscriminate droning that would beg to differ with your opinion of "The One" and his party of goodness and light.

Power, no matter in whose hands we find it, is always abused. Been that way for, oh, I don't know, forever, give or take a couple of thousand years.

But hey....keep on keeping on if you makes you feel better....and by all means, keep those donations coming.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    What I find humorous, is your naive belief that the current party in power, the Democrats, are all full of goodness and light and spend their every waking minute of every day freeing the oppressed.
    Cute straw man.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Cute straw man.
    Actually since this thread was about Democrats it would be you using straw men to pull it on a tangent.