Page 43 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4142434445 ... LastLast

Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Investigation (Merged)

clearly Lloyd was murdered when he was with Hernandez. Did he pull the trigger? who knows and we may never know. All very sad and dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Adam Shefter tweeted that since he was cut after June 1, there's no relief for the team to recoup any bonus money and, technically, they are on the hook for money due this year as well.

If true and if I were the Pats, I'd say "F you" and make Hernandez come after the rest of the money.
    I read his base salary was guaranteed for this year there are no clauses in his contract to void his salary.

Not the same scenario but the Redskins were not able to get any cap relief with Sean Taylor, and he passed away.

Adam Shefter tweeted that since he was cut after June 1, there's no relief for the team to recoup any bonus money and, technically, they are on the hook for money due this year as well.

If true and if I were the Pats, I'd say "F you" and make Hernandez come after the rest of the money.
    You can bet your bottom dollar Kraft will try and keep every dime.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Wesley Lowery ‏@WesleyLowery 20m

To be clear: DA's saying #hernandez shot Lloyd three times right after Lloyd got out of the car. Then stood over him & put two in his chest.

Heard on SXMNFL that it's just over $5 Million but I cannot find a link confirming that.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...154044125.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Wesley Lowery ‏@WesleyLowery 20m

To be clear: DA's saying #hernandez shot Lloyd three times right after Lloyd got out of the car. Then stood over him & put two in his chest.
    Damn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    I read his base salary was guaranteed for this year there are no clauses in his contract to void his salary.

Not the same scenario but the Redskins were not able to get any cap relief with Sean Taylor, and he passed away.
    I am not talking cap relief. The cap is the cap and there's no getting around it since he will be listed as "released" after June 1.

I am talking about the money he is owed. Yes, technically he's entitled to the money owed this season. But I do not see a scenario where the Pats pay one dime of that money while he's being tried for murder 1 regardless of what the contract says.

They are going to force him to go to court for that money and I don't blame them.

I am not talking cap relief. The cap is the cap and there's no getting around it since he will be listed as "released" after June 1.

I am talking about the money he is owed. Yes, technically he's entitled to the money owed this season. But I do not see a scenario where the Pats pay one dime of that money while he's being tried for murder 1 regardless of what the contract says.

They are going to force him to go to court for that money and I don't blame them.
    Ah, got it. Thought it was the same thing.

Blog Entries

@adbrandt Pats in worst position to recover bonus having released him than if they hadnt. Decision to move on more important to them

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @adbrandt Pats in worst position to recover bonus having released him than if they hadnt. Decision to move on more important to them
    If the Pats made this move without any assurance from the NFL they would get cap relief at a later date then as much as it makes me want to vomit I have to give them props for doing the right thing and not simply thinking about the impact it would have for them financially.

Far as Hernandez is concerned....what a moron. Not much more to be said than that. About the only thing the idiot did not do is put a youtube video up of him pulling the trigger. Beyond stupid and tragic for this poor family who has lost a loved one and his child who will grow up not only without a father but as the child of a notorious screw up and killer
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I interrupt this thread to bring you live feed of the Hernandez coverage on NE radio,

"Ray Lewis, Ray Lewis, Ray Lewis, Ravens, Ray Lewis, Ray Lewis, Ravens, Ray Lewis, Ray Lewis, Ray Lewis, Ray Lewis, Ray Lewis, Ravens, Ray Lewis"

Thats it from NE, back to the forum.

I just saw his arraignment. We don't judge guilt by looks in this country. That being said I keep hearing this Chris Rock voice in my head-

Chris Rock Voice - 'I ain't sayin he did it, but he suuuuuure looks like he did it'