Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Goodbye Vontae Leach

IIRC Cruz is more of a slot receiver too.

I'm out of Sun tokens, so didn't read, but I've been dreaming about Juice and his 10.5 YPC for 2013 since draft day.

I think shifting/motioning him from the offset "I" gives us some nice options.
    If an LB goes with him, for example, that's an advantage for Juice on any route beyond five yards.
    If the SS goes with him then that's one less guy in the box to stop a draw or a run to the closed side.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

I just figured they'd give Juice a year to come along... probably a combination of him looking good in practice plus lessening the FB role.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Brandon Marshall but doubt they invite the headaches.
    Doubt Marshall is going anywhere (I still don't think we're too friendly with the Bears front office after the 2011 draft debacle), but I've always thought he gets a bad rap. The guy always shows up and plays hard when the whistle blows. He's durable and consistent.

Blog Entries

Trade him for Boldin and a 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    That does seems to be the general sense as of late. I must admit.
    IMHO, they wouldn't just cut a player because he has a larger cap number unless they were planning on making moves. Having 2 FB's or not, Leach has proven to be a great player and teammate on the Ravens. This move really indicated Ozzie has something in the works, probably geared towards the WR position.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Doubt Marshall is going anywhere (I still don't think we're too friendly with the Bears front office after the 2011 draft debacle), but I've always thought he gets a bad rap. The guy always shows up and plays hard when the whistle blows. He's durable and consistent.
    From what my eyes saw, he was always skiddish about going over the middle when he came to Baltimore.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Anyone have any suggestions for what team would even trade for Leach? St. Louis? Tampa?

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions for what team would even trade for Leach? St. Louis? Tampa?
    FB is just about an extinct position...I don't see any way anybody trades for him, especially at his salary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

This is and always was about value.

It doesn't make good fiscal sense to pay him that number next year.

I don't think this necessarily means the team is looking for other moves. Rather, it's setting the stage for next off season.

He's the best lead blocker in the game, that is what he is. What he isn't is an offensive weapon. They tried to use him in the offense occasionally but his downfall is being one dimensional. If they plan on using a lot of single back formations, then it's hard to justify 4.3m for a guy who is only a lead blocker. Juice won't be as effective as a blocker(no one is). But it's not a stretch to think he could be better in every other aspect of playing FB/HB. When Juice breaks a big gain that will go a long way towards making this point.

I don't believe this move was made without having plans to sign someone else. I'll be surprised if we don't get a WR soon.

I thought both Leach and Cody wouldn't be on the team this year and caught flack for it. I'm still thinking Cody is iffy because he was a bad football players last year. Roster spots are limited. if you can't play effectively or you don't have a role on the team then you need to go.