Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ravens at the White House Stream

Pretty Cool. Watching the ceremony brings back the pride and excitement of winning the Super Bowl. Pretty great to be a Raven fan. Things like this make it easy to sign the check for the season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I'm an Obama fan...but clearly that speech was ALL his speechwriters. Stumbled over a lot.

Steve B not there...my guess is he wanted team to get the recognition. Allow Ozzie and Harbaugh to head up the clan.

I wonder where Mr. Bisciotti was also. Mr. Modell was there in '01. You are probably right with your guess. However, he could've let his HC and GM take the podium and he could've been last in the handshake line behind his players, and still accomplished the same thing. I think the man has done a fine job as Owner and he needs a little recognition too.

You are also probably right about Mr. Obama's speechwriters digging up the facts, but I was still impressed with his speech. At least he knows about the Ravens resillience now ;)
    I am not a big fan of the President, but he is the President, and I liked how they did his jersey up.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Is it jsut me or is this one of those traditions that just doesn't make much sense?
    eh, all the sports champions do it. I see your point though...this is really for the players to get a fun trip to meet the leader of the nation. The televised thing just seems kind've rigid and yawning. Only people watching it are Ravens fans, and quite honestly, the SB parade was the bigger event for us.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    I was loving how they played the bass line to Seven Nation Army at the end of the interview and the crowd started the chant. Great day to be a Ravens player, well maybe second greatest day.

On a side note...

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/video...b-fb290280a700

The difference 12 years makes. To see OJ Brigance shaking hands and talking to George W Bush in this video and seeing him today in the live stream just shows how nasty ALS really is.
    That was sobering seeing O.J. Brigance in that video.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    eh, all the sports champions do it. I see your point though...this is really for the players to get a fun trip to meet the leader of the nation. The televised thing just seems kind've rigid and yawning. Only people watching it are Ravens fans, and quite honestly, the SB parade was the bigger event for us.
    Yeah, maybe if it was more natural and not so scripted it be cooler.

There's some nice pics on the various player's Instagram feeds, I have Webb and Tucker followed, need to hunt down the rest of the players.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Nice! But I'm sorry I can't help myself. This was a few days old but I just came across it today and I have let this glass bowl Florio get under my skin yet again. I guess he couldn't resist taking one more shot at Ray even in retirement. Its related to the WH trip.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ne-liners-181/

Scroll down a little (if you want to even look) and you'll see the cheap shot. I really need to wash my hands of that site.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post
    Nice! But I'm sorry I can't help myself. This was a few days old but I just came across it today and I have let this glass bowl Florio get under my skin yet again. I guess he couldn't resist taking one more shot at Ray even in retirement. Its related to the WH trip.

Scroll down a little (if you want to even look) and you'll see the cheap shot. I really need to wash my hands of that site.
    What a douche bag...

He's been one of Ray's staunchest defenders to the murder accusations too.

Disappointing. Hard to defend him on this one.

I saw that too when he posted it, pissed me off

I can't see the stream at work, so could someone please let me know if Rod Woodson wore a jacket this time? ;)
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Werewolf-
    Agree, that was a truly cheap shot, unnecessary, and sorta out of synch with virtually all of the other reports/comments he offered. Did he think he was being funny? cute? an asshole? smh

B-Ron-
    How the heck are ya, mon ami? Long time, no hear! Hope all is well at the Farm, this retirement stuff is good for the soul, however.