Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

ESPN's top 20 NFL coaches

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap10...rrison#photo=1

I know, me and my lists. This time it is NFL.com ranking active coaches. There are some that are ranked too low as well as those ranked to high as well. We all know who the number one coach is on this list (you know, the guy that hasn't won a Super Bowl since his team was caught videotaping defensive coaching signals causing the NFL to allow headsets in one D players helmet), but #2 and #3 may surprise you.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/ball...s-ever-nfl#top

Once again they are going to make a list show, but this time it's going to be who the are best 20 NFL head coaches ever. The reason I am posting this is link, it is to the fans voting on their top 20 NFL coaches and as of now it does seem pretty accurate. After you vote on your twenty picks, no ranking just check the 20 NFL coaches through history you think deserve to be on the list, it shows where HC are listed by the % of ballots they were on. Thus since you have to choose so many it seems like a very good list thus far. After my vote the list looks like this:

1) Vince Lombardi (75.2% of the ballots have him on them)
    2) Bill Walsh (72%)
    3) Bill Belichick (66.9%)
    4) Don Shula (61.6%)
    5) Chuck Noll (61.2%)
    6) Tom Landry (58.4%)
    7) Paul Brown (57.9%)
    8) Joe Gibbs (57.5%)
    9) George Halas (55.9%)
    10) Bill Parcells (53.4%)
    11) Curly Lambeau (50.1%)
    12) John Madden (47.8%)
    13) Jimmy Johnson (37.1%)
    14) Bill Cowher (28.9%)
    15) Hank Stram (26.1%)
    16) Tom Coughlin (25.2%)
    17) Mike Shanahan (24.8%)
    18) Tony Dungy (23.9%)
    19) George Seifert (23.3%)
    20) Weeb Ewbank (21.7%)

And 30 more coaches.

They have their coaching stats next to their names and here is something I found interesting. Mike Tomlin is listed as the #31 all-time best coach (63-33 regular season [.656], 5-3 post season [.625], 1 championship) and John Harbaugh is listed #35 (54-26 [.675], 9-4 [.692], 1 championship).
    Last edited by Strange Bru; 06-04-2013 at 03:15 PM. Reason: New list same subject.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

2. Re: ESPN's top 20 NFL coaches

Joe Gibbs won 3 of 4 Superbowls. He used 4 QB's.
    Harbs had 5 straight years in playoffs with a new coach and a new QB. That was never done before.
    Both are rated too low.

Re: ESPN's top 20 NFL coaches

The Chin at #14? NFW.

Dungy at #18 is pretty high too.

The real crime is Don Coryell(sp) not being in the top 10. He is responsible for the NFL getting all pass happy.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Dungy and Cowher do not belong on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Dungy and Cowher do not belong on that list.
    I agree 100%. Those were the two that caught my eye as not being deserving of a spot.

Blog Entries
    Another dumb opinion list that throws names on there to get a rise

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I'm disappointed that Jason Garrett didn't make the list. Especially after just winning the Super Bowl. Oh, he didn't take the Ravens job, but stayed in Dallas instead...never mind... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    The real crime is Don Coryell(sp) not being in the top 10. He is responsible for the NFL getting all pass happy.
    Except he wasn't all that great as a head coach. This poll is about head coaches.

Oh, and you better believe that I voted for Harbaugh and Billick, then filled the last 18 boxes with the coaches who were least likely to get votes . Nothing like shameless homerism to bump up my guys.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I'm disappointed that Jason Garrett didn't make the list. Especially after just winning the Super Bowl. Oh, he didn't take the Ravens job, but stayed in Dallas instead...never mind... Bc

LOL - We definitely dodged a bullet with that one. What an ass hole.

He almost got fired and this year will probably be his last if he doesn't make
    the POs. HARBs has beat him every time he faced him including down there
    with 2 historic back to back runs of over 70 yds while Romeo missed wide open
    receivers all day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    No he didn't. Johnny Unitas made the league pass happy with the sudden death championship
    game in 58. That's what put pro football on the map as a major league. It trailed everything
    including the NCAA regionals and Final 4.

Unitas was to football what Babe Ruth was to baseball.

In fact, Weeb made the list at #20 ahead of Don. He coached that offense and beat
    Lombardi more than just about anyone. He was the winning coach in the two most
    important games ever played - the 58 championship game and SB 3.