Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Purple Reign 2 Chapter 9 : Flacco turns down 90 million contract

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    People get over your Nestor hate and just read the article. It has good stuff in it.

I'd much rather support Nestor (he is indeed very arrogant and condescending and I'm glad he is off the air) than these out of town blowhards. At least I know Nestor loves Baltimore.

This looks like it will be a good book...he also has an excerpt about the process of drafting Flacco.

And I find it funny that people always want to doubt that station but are quick to live off of every word from Aaron Wilson as if he's never been wrong.
    I get their email every day and text notices on Ravens and Orioles. Good source IMO

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Meh.

Too many negative interactions for me to hear what Nestor has to say.

When you burn bridges, it's tough to go back even if what you have to say may be of interest, use, etc.
    I posted about this awhile back, asking if anyone thought it'd be worth buying. I think the consensus was, while many of us are annoyed by Nestor, he has access to compile these cool stories, so you will get a lot of nice insight.

My big beef with him is his cock of the walk attitude. He loved to point out how stupid the Orioles were for not giving HIM access to players, etc. He loves to shit on other sports radio stations not being as good as his. He likes to pretend like he's the expert on all things Baltimore sports over everyone else.

Lately, since both clubs have been doing well, that seems to have gotten drowned out in his mind. Perhaps he's so busy covering good teams, he's unable to focus his hatred on the annoying topics.

In any case, his posts as of late aren't as annoying to me.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Still Wacco for Flacco! Joe will do the things that most owners and coaches get annoyed with. His mind is about playing the best he can and let the chips fall where they may. He will be up there with the legends after his career is done. His attitude will be 50% of winning more games and his skill will be the other 50%. Ravens have a QB that will take them to postseason and possibly more SB rings. Now the new defense has to do their part and keep the scores low(best red zone defense). Let the haters hate, it's just masking their inner desire for a QB like Flacco to be the QB of their team. The talking heads will realize what asses they have been for disrespecting Flacco and the Ravens.

I bought the book -- overpriced, but still a really good summary of the year.
    Great for filling in the slowest part of the football season
    Very good story and insight on how Bisciotti made the decision to fire Billick, but says that Harbaugh alone made the decision on Cam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I bought the book -- overpriced, but still a really good summary of the year.
    Great for filling in the slowest part of the football season
    Very good story and insight on how Bisciotti made the decision to fire Billick, but says that Harbaugh alone made the decision on Cam
    How much annoying Nestor in there? I'm thinking I'll keep an eye on ebay/used sales...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I give Nestor credit for taking up the unpopular mantle of criticizing the Os when they 100% deserved it. Sure I didn't agree with his methods (way too personal) but it was a lot better than the way 105.7 sugarcoated every idiot move the Os made. This time is great as an Os fan, but I still remember that Angelos is the owner. They got a lot of big contracts coming up for renewal. Will Pete pony up the cash, or screw us by letting Davis, Wieters go (and the Machado one in a few years is going in the $25M/yr range). Needlessly to say, I don't have much faith in Pete.

I'll also add that someone in Bmore media that has now climbed the ranks needs a little piece of Humble Pie too (not TL by the way)

7. Re: Purple Reign 2 Chapter 9 : Flacco turns down 90 million contract

I suspect that it will be drool filled, love fest by Nestor. He will somehow weave in the narrative that he is the only journalist in town who is not "owned" by the corporate creeps. His total lack of professionalism is on display in every thing he touches. He calls life time journalists scumbags, whores and lazy. I really think that he has lost his mind.

I would tend to think that many aspects of this book will be fact checked and proven to shown as false or at the very least.. over-hyped. Be very sceptical, Nestor works without a net.

He constantly calls out everyone(including people who listen to his station and potential sponsors). Slash and
    Burn on EVERYTHING except for the Ravens... who he never has a bad thing to say about(front office). His "media empire" is tied to the Ravens to supply him with players and access.

His arguments against the Orioles mainly stem from a $30,000 sponsorship that the Orioles backed out of(I guess they did their research on the ratings!!). His rant is the same EVERY time and uses such obscene words as "rape", "****heads", liars and more. The $3 that MASN gets from cable companies(and from us) is pointed out as obscene, greedy, criminal... yet no other channel is counted. If Cable TV were fair(it isn't) we would be able to choose ala carte what specific channels we wanted.... but in Nestor's mind ONLY MASN is criminal and they(ANGELOS) are "stealing" 158 million a year from the community(what a number!!)

Bruce, is that you???? Sounds like you don't love Nestor madly.

In all seriousness, whoever you are, you pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

IMHO, the Orioles and their creepy owner deserved every single bit of the bashing.

He lucked up getting McPhail who absolutely FLEECED teams with trades to get the core of this offense.

But every other decision he's made has been terrible IMHO and for years that franchise was not trying to win.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I can remember Joe's first couple of years we were all calling hin "Joe Cool" and saying things like "he's got ice water running through his veins". And now reading this excerpt, I don't think I really understood the true makeup of this guy. He is by all accounts an intravert, but the dude is one bad ass QB. If you consider that this guy has never missed a start due to injury in 5 seaons, counting appearances in the playoffs every year, and then basically standing firm and walking away from a $90 mil contract with all of the things that could've gone wrong, he's frickin' Clint Eastwood of the NFL. I can just hear him sayin' to Buiscuit, "Go ahead, make my day". LOL!!!

Flacco said he turned the tables on Bisciotti: “I told him, ‘You should give me four or five million more now because if I win the Super Bowl’ – and I did say ‘if’ – ‘then it’s gonna cost you $20 million.’ ”
    Flacco figured he was still only making his base of $6.5 million in 2012 no matter what. The Ravens weren’t ripping up his deal. It was an extension. And there’s always a new “going rate” for top quarterbacks.
    “I was actually glad that he called me up to talk about it because it was a cool conversation to have,” Flacco said. “Even though we weren’t agreeing it was a great conversation. It’s one of those talks that grows a relationship, I think.
    “Hey, I tried to throw him a bone and save him some money.”
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

I'm reading the book now and it's pretty good.

The prologue is a huge Nestor love fest, but once you actually get into the book, I think it's really good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I'll also add that someone in Bmore media that has now climbed the ranks needs a little piece of Humble Pie too (not TL by the way)
    Just curious who this is referring to?