Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: What is wrong with Joe Namath.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Namath has to get to a rest home and harass the residents there with his knowledge of football, They will understand him better. Jets will need to do better this year or rex will be looking for another team to coach for.
    As a defensive coordinator no less. If the Jets fail like I think they are going to, no way he survives it. The fans are going to revolt and they already fired the GM so he's next. If he goes, I doubt anyone hires him for a HC spot. He is a circus act at that point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    As a defensive coordinator no less. If the Jets fail like I think they are going to, no way he survives it. The fans are going to revolt and they already fired the GM so he's next. If he goes, I doubt anyone hires him for a HC spot. He is a circus act at that point.
    Rex Ryan is a lame duck at this point. I think they've already made a decision to let him go. I suspect the new GM will want to get his own guy and dump Sanchez. They were just stuck with Sanchez this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Rex Ryan is a lame duck at this point. I think they've already made a decision to let him go. I suspect the new GM will want to get his own guy and dump Sanchez. They were just stuck with Sanchez this year.
    You would think that they'd have just canned Rex and gotten a new coach then, what with drafting Smith and all. At this point, I really can't figure out what the Jets are going to do, but the last thing in the world that makes sense is telling the head coach his job rides on wins and losses when you're starting a rebuilding process and have very little talent (to put it mildly) on your offense. What a messed up franchise.

Rex isn't a lame duck.

The new GM could have easily canned him but didn't. There's at least some confidence in him.

Blog Entries

He's 70 years old (May 31st) and drinks a wee bit. I don't see anything wrong with that ;) ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Rex isn't a lame duck.

The new GM could have easily canned him but didn't. There's at least some confidence in him.
    Hire a new coach and chain him to Sanchez because they couldn't cut him? That wasn't going to happen. Rex is done after this year. I'll put money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Rex isn't a lame duck.

I'm not sure it's confidence, Houston. I think they know the roster is a mess, and they'd rather it pave Rex's exit than mar the first year of Idzik's first HC choice. If Rex can actually do something with this roster this year, I really think Idzik would have to work a little to get his surprise to overtake his disappointment.

Blog Entries

Rex is very close with Jets owner Woody Johnson. That doesn't mean he has a free ride and keeps his job but it does buy him time. I think Idzik wants Rex gone. He's taken the personnel duties out of Rex's hands but signing an obviously beat up Garrard and a serious problem guy like Goodson isn't exactly helping him. Woody Johnson is a dimwit of an owner so it's tough to know what he'll do next year.

He's an old senile drunk with a big mouth, that's what's wrong with him.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

IMO Sanchez ($8.5 million guaranteed) and Rex are lame ducks. 2013 has disaster written all over it for the Jest (no typo there). Idzik will want his HC to start in Geno Smith's second season... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    He's an old senile drunk with a big mouth, that's what's wrong with him.
    That pretty much sums it up. What a drag it is getting old.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Say what you want but tell those youngsters he made his guarantee good and beat us for SB 3. He saved the AFL. Al Davis made sure he got to NY. Pete Rozelle should made the
    Giants sign him.

If only Flacco had his release. It was the quickest in football. Maybe ever.

BTW, that white fur coat looks like the one Ray had in the Cobalt Lounge in Atlanta.
    Namath is over-rated.

I don't think he "Saved the AFL" by winning SB III, the merger had already happened, if that is what you meant. He certainly was part of forcing the merger, but that was before this game.