Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Tidbits

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Cincinatti will go as far as Andy Dalton takes them. If Dalton decides that he wants to stomp big, they'll make noise. Otherwise, they'll be in the same situation against us that they were last year. Pick your poison. Either you are going to stop Rice or your going to stop Smith, but you won't stop both. The year before, they started by trying to stop Rice and Smith beat them. In the finale, they tried to stop Smith and Rice beat them. Last year, they couldn't stop either one. Last year's finale, the Ravens barely played their starters.

Pittsburgh is going to have to get Ben on the same page with his OC. Their offensive line will have to stay healthy. It's not that they can't, it's just that they've been trending downward.
    Going to be an interesting year for Cinci and Dalton. They will need to make a decision on him to pay him big bucks or move on. If BR gets hurt again and misses games, Pitt may bring in the rookie and that almost always causes controversy.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: OTA Tidbits

There are just too many important pieces for the Steelers that need to stay healthy, that haven't shown they can all stay healthy at the same time very long.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I'd put the over/under of games Ben starts at 13. He's 31 and in 9 years has only started all 16 once. He has missed 8 games over the last 3 years and recently had surgery on his knee. All this injuries keep piling on and he isn't getting any younger.

Plus he loses his deep threat and will likely rely on a rookie to carry the running game. Offensive line as usual is a huge question mark. Old defense.

Bengals still don't scare anybody. Ravens offense is built to exploit their cover 2 scheme with the speed they have at wr and rice/pitta working the middle.

Browns? Yea right.

Ravens are stacked.

Blog Entries

I'll take the under. Shit.. I'd take it if it was 11...

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    The Kings of the North!!
    Love it

It is funny how perceptions change. Just a few months ago, people were taking gas about the fact that Caldwell had never actually called plays before. Now it is a foregone conclusion that he is great and that he will be a head coach before next March. I think he is a good coach and I don't think he is going anywhere.

iggyman555 Guest

Defensive lineman Chris Canty had a dominant minicamp for Ravens

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...#ixzz2WFnGNjZ9

http://t.co/U0r9FA5MjG

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Under the current conditions, it reminds me of the Colts when they brought in no names to go along with Reggie Wayne. A very good quarterback with time to throw, like Joe has now, can make any of these young WRs look good if they can just catch the damn ball. He will get it there. We will see who rises to the challenge. We have alot of talent trying to rise. I have faith that a couple of them will more than surprise.
    We will be fine.
    If you look at those Manning-led Colts teams, they often had one big WR with 100 catches, a TE with 80-100 catches, then a bunch of mid-to-late round WRs with 35-60 catches each. There is no reason why the Ravens cannot duplicate that formula. Austin Collie (4th round), Pierre Garcon (6th round), and Jacob Tamme (4th round) all did fine in that kind of system when the main targets were Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison. Dennis Pitta (4th round), Tandon Doss (4th round), David Reed (5th round), Deonte Thompson (UDFA) with the main targets of Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones could very well be enough with Caldwell's offense and Flacco's arm.

It will be interesting to see if Jacoby is on the field more and if so who is going to get the return duties. Reed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    It will be interesting to see if Jacoby is on the field more and if so who is going to get the return duties. Reed?
    Why would him seeing the field more mean he'd give up any return duties?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Why would him seeing the field more mean he'd give up any return duties?
    Devin Hester is a prime example of a guy who's efficiency as both a returner and a receiver was hampered by splitting his focus. I personally hope one of the young guns steps up as a receiver to move Jones down to the third spot where he'll be under less pressure to perform on the offense so he can continue to excel on STs.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    It is funny how perceptions change. Just a few months ago, people were taking gas about the fact that Caldwell had never actually called plays before. Now it is a foregone conclusion that he is great and that he will be a head coach before next March. I think he is a good coach and I don't think he is going anywhere.
    kind've like how people have always crapped on Harbaugh never being an OC or DC, but he's now a SB winning HC?

Most of Caldwell's reputation is on 1) his time with Peyton Manning as a QB coach and 2) his brief stint as HC of the Colts. He had 14-2 and 10-6 seasons, making the SB but losing in his first season. He had one terrible season when Manning was out for the year, and got fired for it. I think many in the league remember the earlier success, and combine that with the job he did turning our offense around, and he's bound to be an intriguing name.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!