Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Tidbits

Re: OTA Tidbits

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    upshaw comon mane..sizzle looks like he is in mid seasom form!!! is that juice?? boy is big!1
    #47 is John Simon.

Juice is #40
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    #47 is John Simon.

Juice is #40
    Simon looks like the weight lifting monster he's supposed to be.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Two words

Jim Caldwell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. They could be in midseason form by week 3. Can't wait to see what this offense looks like.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Two of the best NTs of the past ten years.
    And Brandon Williams, from my perspective, compares heavily (no pun intended) to these two guys.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Maybe Castillo has some influence too...

Really this is a group that knows each other well, missing Boldin and Leach but otherwise pretty much intact. Add some young WRs who want to make the team and know there's at least one spot open.
    Well, other than Birk, the OL is practically the same as it was last year after Caldwell took over. Has it ever been the same for Flacco 2 seasons in a row? I feel like there has been major upheaval along the OL every season.

Blog Entries

Big hopes for Simon. I think he could be a steal. He's a hard worker and sometimes that kind of hard work will outshine those with natural talent who aren't interested in putting in the sweat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    They've said Suggs looks good, but he REALLY looks good. Upshaw? Ehhhh

I dont ever rememeber seeing suggs in such good shape. Great to see hes dedicated to getting back to dominating.

Upshaw upsets me. well see what camp brings but i can easily see Simon getting snaps and Upshaw playing more DE than OLB in his current state.
    -JAB

Moving Upshaw to DE wouldn't be terrible and MAN Simon looks like a beast!! Upshaw coming off the edge with his hand in the dirt would be fine and if it gets Simon and him on the field more it could be good. Upshaw will slim down during camp and be alright though. I am sure Suggs has already got in his ear about how it has hurt his performance over the years coming into camp out of shape.

Here are some notes from Day 1.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...4-d6d65f0a5b47

Dickson continues to impress

Tight end Ed Dickson says he wants to be more involved in the passing game this year, and he’s off to a great start during the offseason. He caught a number of passes during practice, including the highlight of the day, which was an impressive one-handed grab down the middle of the field. Dickson made the catch with safety James Ihedigbo in tight coverage, and he then outran everyone to the end zone for about a 50-yard touchdown.
    Recently-signed linebacker Daryl Smith also got right to work in his first practice. He took reps with the first team and he will likely compete for a starting job this season. Smith still has to learn the defense, but he was fluid in his movement and kept pace during his first practice in Baltimore. He showed no lingering signs of a groin injury that held him out of all but two games last season.
    Fullback Kyle Juszczyk put a big block on Smith to start off 11-on-11 drills. The rookie out of Harvard was the lead blocker for Rice on the play, and he delivered a hard-nosed hit on his new teammate. Not a bad way to make a statement now that Vonta Leach has been release and the rookie is the likely starter at fullback.
    Haven't heard a lot about Simon so this is good to hear/read.

Rookie outside linebacker John Simon has some pass-rushing prowess. The fourth-round pick showed off his motor on a number of plays and was able to get to the quarterback for sacks or to force quick throws.

Dickson's progress this spring has been encouraging. Need to see him shine in the fall...and play tougher ffs.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Big hopes for Simon. I think he could be a steal. He's a hard worker and sometimes that kind of hard work will outshine those with natural talent who aren't interested in putting in the sweat.
    I'm hoping also, but can't fully shake the Jason Phillips eerie similarities.
    Can say 4th rd vs 5th rd but that is actually #129 vs #137 -close
    Knock on Jason was "slow", John is an inch taller and 20+lbs heavier....
    But then again Jason is still in the league (Carolina to Philly) so he is NFL material as John is....

So like you, I am hoping we have a JJ type in Simon and not Phillips, and will be watching with interest
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

sounds like Juice is stepping right in to Leach's role: http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...2-26eaf3959650

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!