Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Tidbits

Blog Entries

Re: OTA Tidbits

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Under the current conditions, it reminds me of the Colts when they brought in no names to go along with Reggie Wayne. A very good quarterback with time to throw, like Joe has now, can make any of these young WRs look good if they can just catch the damn ball. He will get it there. We will see who rises to the challenge. We have alot of talent trying to rise. I have faith that a couple of them will more than surprise.
    We will be fine.
    That is a significant reason why top quality QBs are paid the money they are paid. Peyton Manning was paid to make Anthony Gonzalez and Pierre Garcon look better than they were. Aaron Rodgers was paid to make the absence of Greg Jennings irrelevant.

Torrey Smith is the guy this passing offense goes through. If Torrey gets one on one, he'll kill you. The double team he draws opens up opportunities for the other WRs/TEs.

Joe was paid to make the rest of them look better than they are. In part, because there won't be any money left to pay anybody else. Joe got his and Torrey will get his.

It's just like the defense. Ray got his money. The guy beside him didn't. Ngata got his money, the guys beside him didn't. Reed got his money. The guys beside him didn't.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Yes, I agree completely.
    And there are other things I like...

With so many new, young faces, this team is hungry.
    They are chomping at the bit to create their own legacy.
    These vets, even if it was just one year guys, saw what Ray and Ed and Q did here, up close.
    Those star players being here, have left a positive imprint on those they left behind to carry on, IMHO.
    I don't see a super bowl hangover here.

Blog Entries

Something must be going on right if Bryant McKinnie is showing up to Mini-camp in shape.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) tweeted at 2:51 PM on Fri, Jun 14, 2013:
    RT @zackariussdean: Do you see Baltimore making the playoffs this year >> I now think they're most underrated team in AFC
    (https://twitter.com/mortreport/statu...14403544174592)
    *sigh*... guess we're just gonna hafta beat the respect out of people this time around.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

The roster is stacked!

Top 5 QB
    Top 5 RB
    Top 5 O line
    Top 5 Deep threat
    Top 10 TE, if not top 5

Backup RB that could start for half of the teams in the league.

Top 5 NT
    High quality, if not top 5 3-4DE
    Top 5 pass rushing tandem
    Top 5 FS
    Top 5 CB unit

Top 5 K and P

Top 5 HC

Blog Entries

Elam picked off Flacco the other day and after hitting the ground, got up and celebrated. He forgot that you are not down in the NFL, unlike college, until someone touches you. With teammates yelling at him to run, he cut the celebration short and took the ball another 20 yards down the field. The team than gathered around him cheering him on. LOL....he later said how exciting it was to pick off such a great, SB champion QB.

Ray Rice acknowledged that the team has gotten a lot younger and a lot faster. He likes the way things are shaping up.

On paper, our only weakness looks to be at receiver. But entering year 6, this is Flacco's time to make a couple of these guys look better than they are. If Dickson can get back to his 2011 form and the continued development of Torrey/ Pitta, and Caldwell calling plays and installing his offense, I think we should see a better offense than we saw in last years regular season.

Run defense will be stout. I hope Williams grabs the starting NG spot and never looks back. 3rd down defense should be among leagues best with Sizzle and Doom. No reason not to expect a better defense than 2012.

No reason we shouldn't be the hands down favorite to win the north for a third straight year.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post

No reason we shouldn't be the hands down favorite to win the north for a third straight year.
    The Kings of the North!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    The Kings of the North!!
    Plus 35

Blog Entries

Cincinatti will go as far as Andy Dalton takes them. If Dalton decides that he wants to stomp big, they'll make noise. Otherwise, they'll be in the same situation against us that they were last year. Pick your poison. Either you are going to stop Rice or your going to stop Smith, but you won't stop both. The year before, they started by trying to stop Rice and Smith beat them. In the finale, they tried to stop Smith and Rice beat them. Last year, they couldn't stop either one. Last year's finale, the Ravens barely played their starters.

Pittsburgh is going to have to get Ben on the same page with his OC. Their offensive line will have to stay healthy. It's not that they can't, it's just that they've been trending downward.

Arthur Brown in action, dude looks like he's slightly smaller than Pollard.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images

But but but we lost Boldin ....

Our team is DOOMED!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Arthur Brown in action, dude looks like he's slightly smaller than Pollard.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Keep in mind he's not in pads in that pic, he's not a big linebacker, but he's only an inch shorter and a few pounds lighter than Patrick Willis.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron