Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: M&T Among League's Best

Quote Originally Posted by baltimorebred View Post
    One does not need talent in order to be successful; they just need suckers to purchase their music.
    Indeed. Which is why I confined my comments of support to what others in the business have to say.

You don't win 22 Grammy's (the most by any band and it's not even close) or 8 BRIT Awards under the model getting "suckers to buy their music". Nor do you receive heaps of critical accolades, peer respect, Rock and Roll HoF induction, etc by getting "suckers to buy their music".
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 05-31-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    LOL ... poor Lars gets no love
    You know, if he wasn't such a prick, he'd probably not get thrashed as much.

As far as metal drummers are concerned, he is nowhere near the top. Not even close.

He's average at best, but he is a dick head and answers every question with a question. Did you ever watch the Metallica documentary "Sum Kind of Monster"? Whenever the camera was on Lars he was either asking himself a question, or responding to someone else's question with a question. Douche. I find it a shame because I think the rest of those guys are super talented.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    You know, if he wasn't such a prick, he'd probably not get thrashed as much.

As far as metal drummers are concerned, he is nowhere near the top. Not even close.

He's average at best, but he is a dick head and answers every question with a question. Did you ever watch the Metallica documentary "Sum Kind of Monster"? Whenever the camera was on Lars he was either asking himself a question, or responding to someone else's question with a question. Douche. I find it a shame because I think the rest of those guys are super talented.
    Yup. Caught it when it first came out but I need to revisit it again. I do remember him coming off as douchey.

Speaking of guitar players who have created their own sound, James Hetfield is in that category IMO.

And you seem to appreciate music so allow me to recommend "From the Sky Down". Yes, it's about U2, but more so than that, it delves into the creative process of making an album. Their story in particular is amazing. They came off of the utter flop that was Rattle & Hum, traveled to Berlin to record Achtung Baby, almost broke up twice, completely reinvented their music and their image in the process.

I know I'm a fanboy, but wife is most certainly not and she was in awe of what went into the making of that album.

Blog Entries

Here is a real true disgustingly talented metal drummer:

Jordan Mancino from As I Lay Dying.

Blog Entries

Yup.

Speaking of guitar players who have created their own sound, James Hetfield is in that category IMO.
    Definitely.

And speaking of drummers, James Hetfield is probably a better drummer than Lars, haha.

Peep my edit, wicked

Blog Entries

Yup. Caught it when it first came out but I need to revisit it again. I do remember him coming off as douchey.

And you seem to appreciate music so allow me to recommend "From the Sky Down". Yes, it's about U2, but more so than that, it delves into the creative process of making an album. Their story in particular is amazing. They came off of the utter flop that was Rattle & Hum, traveled to Berlin to record Achtung Baby, almost broke up twice, completely reinvented their music and their image in the process.

I know I'm a fanboy, but wife is most certainly not and she was in awe of what went into the making of that album.
    I've always appreciated U2 for what they are, I've just never really cared for them. I feel like their popular songs are songs that most people like, but I've only really met two types of U2 people...those that LOVE them and those that are "meh" about them. I'm the latter. I actually really like the song "Pride" by them from a musical stance, but Bono's voice just doesn't do it for me (though I do admit, his voice is a great fit for their sound).

I'll see if I can find "From the Sky Down". My wife likes U2, so she'll probably enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I've always appreciated U2 for what they are, I've just never really cared for them. I feel like their popular songs are songs that most people like, but I've only really met two types of U2 people...those that LOVE them and those that are "meh" about them. I'm the latter. I actually really like the song "Pride" by them from a musical stance, but Bono's voice just doesn't do it for me (though I do admit, his voice is a great fit for their sound).

I'll see if I can find "From the Sky Down". My wife likes U2, so she'll probably enjoy it.
    There's too much music in this world. Why waste it by listening to U2?

Let's go

Should the Ravens change their entrance song?