Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

OT - Mark Clayton Retires

Another Raven disappointment, though not in the class of Rolando...

per his Twitter and Facebook.

FWIW, he was a bit of a bust here, but he worked hard, had some nice games, and had a pretty terrible injury in St Louis when his career looked to be on track.

Wish him well.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: OT - Mark Clayton Retires

I would say he was more than just a "bit of a bust", since he was drafted 22nd overall. But I agree that the nasty injury he suffered after being traded to the Rams probably ended his career. Which is a shame because he started that season pretty hot.

Kinda hard to call Rolando a Ravens disappointment. He has only been in Baltimore as a Raider.

I really wanted to see Clayton excel w/ the Rams when he left, sucks he got hurt. He was looking really good in the few games he played with them.

He could have been a better receiver here if he had a better QB, that is a shit excuse, but i believe it.

Blog Entries

It looked like he was going to take off in St. Louis, then the injury. Hope he has taken care of his finances

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

By all accounts, he was a great guy, but no one will ever forget fourth down in Foxborough.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Patellar tendon ruptures basically mean your career is over.

Nice guy but never lived up to his potential.

I wish him nothing but the best.

Was never a huge fan as a player, but he was solid. But from everything I've ever read and heard from him, he is a very good person. I remember feeling terrible that he was having a good start to the year in St Louis in his contract year only to tear up his knee.

Best of luck to him with whatever he decides to do in the future.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Wow. Not surprising, but was a really good guy. Met him at Subway one time while I was at lunch a couple years back. Had some really nice games here, but is a bust in my eyes. Sadly my last thought of him as a Ravens was dropping the pass in NE.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Another Raven disappointment, though not in the class of Rolando...
    I don't understand how a wasted 1st round pick is "not in the class" of a guy who the Ravens spent $0 on and never even made it to an OTA with the team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mfdoom42 View Post
    I don't understand how a wasted 1st round pick is "not in the class" of a guy who the Ravens spent $0 on and never even made it to an OTA with the team.
    I meant in terms of being disappointing...

Clayton didn't live up to potential, but he produced some decent stats here.
    McClain had more talent, but retires at the age of 23 not due to injury but to lack of dedication.

I respect Clayton a hell of a lot more than I respect McClain. Just circumstance that they both happened to retire on the same day.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Mark wasn't a total bust. He was productive considering our gameplan for the last 10 years. I mean, with offensive geniuses guiding him such as Jim Fassell, Matt Cavanaugh, and um.... nvm...
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Blog Entries

I actually own a Clayton jersey. I was big into the draft back then and he was the guy I wanted, was thrilled when the Ravens got him. Too bad it didn't work out. I have to believe if he had been drafted in 2008 instead of 2005 and got to play out several years with Flacco, things may have turned out a little differently for him. Can't forget he had a pretty damn good year (by Ravens standards) back in 2006 with McNair throwing him the ball and a decent year in Flacco's rookie year too.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52