Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

James Harrison the $600,000 man

So Harrison claims he spends $400k to $600k a year to keep in shape.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-on-body-work/

It wouldn’t be unreasonable to say that I spend anywhere between $400,000 to $600,000 on body work, as far as taking care of my body, year-in and year-out.”

Just what does one spend that kind of dough on? Harrison, 35, was released by the Pittsburgh Steelers in March, said he uses a hyperbaric chamber as well as a whole army of acupuncturists, massage therapists and homeopathic doctors that he’ll bring from Pittsburgh, where played for nine seasons, to Cincinnati.

2. Re: James Harrison the $600,000 man

600k for a workout plan? Does that include any "extras?" Allegedly, I have no knowledge

Re: James Harrison the $600,000 man

mjones -- go ahead and post in the main forum in the off season. It's slow and articles like this are welcome during the slow times.

As for the article, that seems like an excessive amount but it would be monumentally stupid to throw around numbers like this if you're taking something other than supplements, etc.

Blog Entries

I respect this a lot more than guys who spend that much on strip clubs or toys. At his age he needs to do everything that he can

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

While I'm glad to see he takes taking care of his body in the off season seriously...this seems a bit excessive.

Still better than spending it on strippers on hundreds of pairs of Jordans.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

HgH is very expensive. I'm not even joking either. I was reading an article that body builders can easily spend over 50-100k a year on HgH.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
    So Harrison claims he spends $400k to $600k a year to keep in shape.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-on-body-work/

It wouldn’t be unreasonable to say that I spend anywhere between $400,000 to $600,000 on body work, as far as taking care of my body, year-in and year-out.”

Just what does one spend that kind of dough on? Harrison, 35, was released by the Pittsburgh Steelers in March, said he uses a hyperbaric chamber as well as a whole army of acupuncturists, massage therapists and homeopathic doctors that he’ll bring from Pittsburgh, where played for nine seasons, to Cincinnati.
    So he pays a boatload of money to quack medicine practitioners? I feel bad for the man, those types of people are more than happy to bleed a sucker dry.

My favorite medical news blog http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/

With all those headshots he gives and receives, he better have money for the rest home he will need later on. What he spent last year didn't help keep him on the steelers team.

Blog Entries

I don't think it's that far fetched, honestly. I'm glad he spoke up about it, because this is another aspect of being a professional athlete that gets overlooked. The price to pay is higher than people want to acknowledge.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

iggyman555 Guest

dude is 100% on HGH or some other stuff...look at his head its huge and he is bald. but wow 600k, damn

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    dude is 100% on HGH or some other stuff...look at his head its huge and he is bald. but wow 600k, damn
    hGH doesn't increase your dome nor does it make you go bald.

Those are the side effects of anbolic steroids and I doubt he's on that.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    hGH doesn't increase your dome nor does it make you go bald.

Those are the side effects of anbolic steroids and I doubt he's on that.
    HGH can increase the size of your brow - excess HGH intake can lead to increased bone thickness and organ size (google "hgh gut" to see body builders who have potbellies because their organs are enlarged).

That said, I bet most guys in the league, especially older players, take HGH. I'd bet money that Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Charles Woodson, Brian Urlacher, Troy Palamalu, and Tony Gonzales were all on it last year.